Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
Nice! Let’s see that brook trout! That’s the best fish in the lake as far as I’m concerned. Hybrids are awesome, cutts.....meh.
[signature]
We didn't take any pictures of the brookie, it was 15 inches long and female . I wish they would stop planting Cutthroat. They don't fight like the brookies and Hybrids. Trash fish fight harder .
[signature]
Curt69 you are The Man! It was good meeting you, even though it was only from my pontoon. You are right about brookies. This 19" put up a great fight as well as the 4 lbs. cutbow. I lost a dandy, a real dandy out there.
[signature]
It was nice meeting you . I am glad you did well . I like helping when I can . If you ever decide you want to try ice fishing . I have all the equipment . All you would need is warm clothing .
[signature]
We are going to fish tomorrow. The weather is so be better less wind . Will post a report at the of the day .
[signature]
[quote curt69]We didn't take any pictures of the brookie, it was 15 inches long and female . I wish they would stop planting Cutthroat. They don't fight like the brookies and Hybrids. Trash fish fight harder .[/quote]

Amen Curt! [bobConfused]
[signature]
+1
[signature]
Once I got home and weighed the 4 pounder the next day, the four pounder turned out to be a 6 pounder. That's a tender mercy. And the 5 pounder that I caught over by the State Park weighed in at 7.9 pounds. Man my guessimates are way off.
[signature]
Today I caught 1 6.25 pounds and my brother caught 1 7.5 pounds . This morning it was 17 degrees in camp .
[signature]
Why you supporting your right wrist with your left hand? You'd think that fish was heavy or something. [Wink]

I bet he'll be good in the smoker.
[signature]
Wow, those are all beautiful fish. You've got it figured out!
[signature]
I am going to try a post my brothers fish .
[signature]
[quote curt69]Today I caught 1 6.25 pounds and my brother caught 1 7.5 pounds . This morning it was 17 degrees in camp .[/quote]

Saweeeeeeeeeet!
[signature]
Hey truchas_ole, those are nice fish! Hopefully there are still some in the lake for me.
I am sure there are many more.
[signature]
Welcome to the forum . The average size of the fish is very good . A lot better than past years .
[signature]
Thanks curt69. Appreciate the welcome. Between you and truchas_ole looks like I know who to go to for advice on Henry's. Going to try to hit the Lake next week. Hopefully the weather will hold a little longer so I can get my pontoon out there.
Be glad to help if I can .
[signature]
Next time you are board, do a water temp. With the cooler temps, it would be interesting to see how quick Henry's is cooling off. Looking forward to a hard deck to fish on!
[signature]
Last Monday the water temperature was 41 . We are going to have early ice . Unless we get an Indian summer . It has been below freezing the last 21 nights . One night it was 17 .
[signature]