Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake fishing report
Fished bear lake Sunday the Macs were really active put 9 in the boat all but one was over 10lbs all fish were caught in 55 to 80 feet of water.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pic, nice fish and report. The last time the lake was full we did really good up there in Sept for Macs. Were you up there today or last Sunday? Were your trolling?
[signature]
Great report, thanks that looks like a lot of fun... Later J
[signature]
Looks like you have things set up for trolling. Were you trolling when you caught those fish?
Was at the gorge on Saturday and caught 10 vertical jigging, but they were all small pups. Looks like the lakers are starting to turn on a bit.
[signature]
Good looking Mac. It sounds like now is the time of year to hit it. Tough time of year is tough for me due to hunting obligations. I will be back up there during the whitefish run to try my luck.
[signature]
No I wasn't trolling Sunday a few other people were not sure how they did. All the fish I caught were on a jig
[signature]
[quote Lundboy54]No I wasn't trolling Sunday a few other people were not sure how they did. All the fish I caught were on a jig[/quote]

Which colors/patterns of jigs were they hitting?
[signature]
I was just using tube jigs in brown and white
[signature]
Have you got exact GPS cooridinates to post for everyone?? [Smile] haha

Nice looking fish! Awesome job.
[signature]
I'm heading up there next week for the first time. Any tips on where to fish? Just looking for general areas where to start as I've never fished it before.
[signature]
I would read some of the archives on bear lake that helped me out a lot when I first started fishing that lake. Good luck and might see u on the water
[signature]
Been thinking of trying it myself, may wander over on Saturday if the waves stay down... Did you just fish the area you're in on the pictures or try the east side as well? Heard some encouraging long line stories from the far side last week as well... four of five mac over ten lbs and a hand full of 5-7 lbs.... Not many cutts though... I love Bear Lake when they'll bite... and the waves don't blow me off... I'll be in the old trihull with the Merc and Yamaha kicker... Later J
[signature]
I just fished gus rich and around the rock pile
[signature]
Ok thanks, good to know the pile is doing well. Thanks. J
[signature]