Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northern Idaho
I'm thinking of taking a trip in November to northern Idaho to do some fishing and see a different part of my state. I'm used to southeast fishing and conditions and have never been up that way. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to visit and fish while I'm up there? Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Hi Coltergeist,

Hi...my screen name is Screamingreelz. Today while reading bigfishtackle.com I saw your request for some fishin info on North Idaho. I moved down to southern Idaho last Sept., but fished the following lakes up there: Hayden, Priest, Pend Oreille and CDA. For the last forty-five years I trolled these lakes and this totals up to 30,000 hours. So if you want to fish any of these bodies of water...please get back to me and I will glad to assist you.

Tight lines!
[signature]
Still planning this trip and I haven't received much feedback on fishing spots. I'll be leaving from Grace and heading through Montana starting Thursday. Any info on places either there or along the way are much appreciated.
[signature]
Wasn't Screamingreelz able to help you, sounds like he had some good info he was willing to share. Not sure if this guy can help you but recently a new member sighed up that might be of some help. Here a a link to a post he made on the intro board:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...9#p1026259

He also made a post with video on the Freshwater fishing board:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...49#1025949

Good luck on your trip, should be some good fishing up there.
[signature]
Somehow I never saw the first post. Anyway, north Idaho isn't much my area but I'll recommend Dworshak reservoir by Orofino. State record smallmouth, trout and Kokanee are available. Below the dam is the north fork of the Clearwater. It's often bank fished for steelhead but I think it's all catch and release. The main part of the Clearwater is good as well. Outside that I don't know much about the are besides it's pretty and has good deer and turkey hunting.
[signature]
I want to thank the private messages and those that replied in the thread. The trip was amazing and if you haven’t been up that way I highly encourage you to take a trip. We fished a lot of different places and had good success almost everywhere we tried. Pictures to come...
[signature]
We drove close to 2,000 miles and tried to fish as many waters as possible. Nothing big, but as I mentioned we had some success almost everywhere. Priest Lake, Round Lake, and Kelso Lake were some of my favorite places.
[signature]
Hey Coltergeist!

I just went out to Cocolalla Lake today and caught some nice sized trout, the lakes got some brown trout, lake trout, brook trout, bass, and other fish. Trolling is the best way to go to catch em. So if you like fishing for trout, this lake is the place to go.

Have fun!

Bitter
[signature]
Bitter,
Welcome to the site. Hope to hear much more from you. Mike (moderator)
[signature]