Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
What is going on with our forum ? Is no one fishing , or are they just not talking about it ?
[signature]
We noticed the same thing a few weeks ago on the Utah board, hope this isn't the new normal[:/]. What I can say is that from years of watching this happen, it always seems to happen this time of the year around hunting season. My guess is there are more members hunting than fishing right now, so the fishing reports slow down but they seem to increase around the time that ice fishing begins. That's all I got Curt, hope that's all that's going on.
[signature]
Seems to be happening on all the fishing boards I read. I see more people's reports on facebook then I do on the fishing boards any more. Most of the discussions on fishing boards now seem to be about equipment, regulations, hatcheries, run numbers or new techniques rather than fishing reports. Not that there aren't reports, just many less than in the past.
[signature]
I belong to several fishing groups on face book . They have been more active . A lot of reports from the west side of the state . Big bass and catfish .
[signature]
Well that explains a lot, are these reports on private pages or can anyone view them?
[signature]
Wait....big bass? You have my attention. Have boat, will travel. PM me.
[signature]
I don't know if this against the rules . If it is please delete it . 208 Anglers is one of the best . And South West Idaho anglers are good . Lot of Posts about Cascade and monster perch . We try to get over there once a year .
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Well that explains a lot, are these reports on private pages or can anyone view them?[/quote]

Sadly the facebook pages are just shared among friends. Not like years gone by when most of these guys posted there reports on public forums. 5 years ago some of the larger fishing forums were doing thousands of pages a day. Now, not so much.
[signature]
Friend me on face book . Curt Gianchetta . And you will see all my posts . And I can get you into the group's
[signature]
Thanks, done.
[signature]
Don please ask me agian on face book . I didn't recognize your name so deleated it .
[signature]
[quote curt69]Don please ask me agian on face book . I didn't recognize your name so deleated it .[/quote]

LOL [bobhappy]
[signature]
I've been having a rather crappy year fishing wise so not much worth posting. All the crazy extremes in the weather have had the bass turned off it seems. Almost every time I get a day off it's freezing, raining or snowing, gale force winds, just nasty. The summer was so hot I didn't get out a ton because it was just plain painful to be out. Then they dropped the water at Oneida to work on the dam, so all my usual places were high and dry. I still did okay, just not great. Then when I went back to fish it the other day, and it was back up, but super murky and full of debris. Also Winder wasn't as good after last year's draw down, and then they nearly drained it again this year (though it's come up a bit, but super murky).

I think I'm done with bass for the year. I'm just having to work too hard for not much pay off. I think I'll stick to trout as they seem to be pretty happy this fall as evidenced by this surprise the other day.

[inline "trout small.jpg"]
[signature]
Very pretty rainbow. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
That's a picture perfect bow for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us, about how long was it?
[signature]
[quote MMDon][quote wiperhunter2]Well that explains a lot, are these reports on private pages or can anyone view them?[/quote]

Sadly the facebook pages are just shared among friends. Not like years gone by when most of these guys posted there reports on public forums. 5 years ago some of the larger fishing forums were doing thousands of pages a day. Now, not so much.[/quote]

Well that's Sad to hear but not surprising, everything comes to a end or at least slows down sooner or later. I've been invite to a few Facebook pages over the years but I don't do facebook and likely never will and if I lose out, oh well, life goes on.
[signature]
I love Facebook. I have 8 daughter's and 21 grandchildren. I get to follow them all the time even if they don't live close by . Hunting groups , fishing groups are also awesome.
[signature]
Thanks! I forgot to measure it, but judging by the distance it covers on that rod, I'd say 24-25". It's a 7'9" rod, so the butt section is pretty long.
[signature]
Wow, that's impressive. For me, judging the size of a fish like that is hard, because rods come in so many different sizes. It's still a very pretty fish, no matter the size.
[signature]
Yeah it definitely took me two hands to hold that one Smile That's a size 35 Pflueger reel on there too, so a decent sized one. The crazy part is I had never fished there before and had about an hour before dark so I decided to just fish from shore for a little bit with that one rod rigged up with a little 3/16oz jig head and a small paddle tail swimbait. It took me ten minutes or less to hook into that one. I was actually looking for largemouth, but that was certainly a welcome surprise. I caught another around 15" and saw a lot of risers. Never did find any bass, but I think I'll head back up there with my float tube, a 6wt and some sinking line soon.
[signature]