Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Idaho
Hello everyone, it looks like I may be moving to Idaho here soon. I am a big fish connoisseur from Colorado that likes fishing for a variety of species, but I mostly fish out of state. I was wondering what options I will have somewhat near Twin Falls. I would like to get into steelhead, but it looks as if they don't run that far up the Snake? I hear lake trout and smallmouth fishing is pretty good too in Idaho. Anyhow, I would appreciate any information on the area. I assume this website has private messaging? I wouldn't expect people to post specific spots on this thread. Additionally, are there any other forums with active Idaho fishermen? Im more of a trophy and C&R guy, but get along with most types. Hope to make some new fishing friends up there. Here are some pics for attention lol.

[Image: ALvWwqN.jpg]
[Image: idd4HkX.jpg]
[Image: 9Qw3Mjn.jpg]
[Image: pCr9WVT.jpg]
[Image: 4cquLf4.jpg]
[Image: PvsYOmZ.jpg]
[Image: NXWKPm4.jpg]
[Image: ERCEcm0.jpg]
[signature]
I don't know if we can compete with those pictures I did catch a trout this summer that would make that board. Amazing Walleye! Salmon and Steelhead are Eight Months and a year away and a five hour drive from Twin. I live close and can fill you in.
[signature]
Lots of bass and sturgeon around twin. One of the only walleye waters is near there at salmon falls reservoir. Some decent trout fishing there but the real gen for those is around east Idaho and northern Idaho. There is without a doubt some incredible fisheries around the state. Steelhead this year are doing pretty poor so I'd wait a year or two before focusing much on them. However the country you fish for them in is incredible and worth the drive in itself.
[signature]