Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River Flows
Usually The Narrows and Black Canyon are favorite places for me to hit this time of year, but I've noticed they're both still experiencing very high flows. Does anybody know why and for how much longer this will keep up?

Also, has anyone been to Oneida Reservoir lately? It's usually fairly clear this time of year, but with the high flows it was murky and full of debris the last time I checked. I was hoping for one last smallie/eye trip, but I'm not a fan of cold, murky water.
[signature]
I think they must be getting ready to work on the Soda Springs Dam. I went by Alexander Reservoir on Monday and it is nearly empty.

Here's the link for the water flow and schedule. http://www.pacificorp.com/es/hydro/hl/br.html#
They usually put down what they plan on releasing for a week at least.
On the Grace page it looks like they are keeping it at 350 for awhile.
http://www.pacificorp.com/es/hydro/hl/wr/br/bgd.html
[signature]
I was afraid of something like that. I never got to fish either stretch of river at all this year because it's been high since the flooding in February it seems. Oh well, hopefully things will go better next year.
[signature]
I know. It has been "white water rafting" levels all year. I am curious as to what the fishing will be like if the water ever does come down.
[signature]
I guess the good thing from it could be that a bunch of silt could be blown out making for better habitat. From the looks of Oneida it's in the reservoir now [laugh]
[signature]
They have the levey open on bear lake they plan on leaving it cranked wide open all winter long through to next fall, it has kinda sucked my favorite section of water that notmally is only 200cfs has been raging at 1200 since september of this year. The reason bwing is bear lake is still at 93% and rising they are trying to take out so next spring it doesnt flood the towns around it. Alexander is raising now so it should slow slightly but its going to be a mess as late as next fall.
[signature]