Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1 more time...11/14
Duck hunting has slowed down for awhile, so thought to try trolling Rockport 1 more time....Fishing tables said it'd likely be slow today,and it was, 'til we finally made a big move to the opposite end of the res. that we'd been fighting all morning....Wind was bad all while we were on the water, 0900 to 1330.....we were the first, and only, boat on the water....1 small dock still in water....I ended up with 5 solid strikes, my buddy with 3 or 4 hits and 2 landed....so our best action was 1200 to 1330, 2 downriggers and 2 planer boards, about 10 to 15' deep, my best was black/silver Rapala, and rainbow Kamlooper spoon, all tipped w/ nite crawler piece....Now that I know where they're at, hmm.....
Guluk....
[signature]
Glad you made it out one more time, things can start to get dicey this time of the year. We made a trip up to Lost Creek, late in the season a few years back, looked like a nice day when we arrived but later, a snow squall moved in and before we left we had several inches of snow on the ground. Fishing was ok but when we went to leave, the ramp was so icy we could not get the boat up the ramp. Lucky for us there was someone there to help us get back to the top. Any size to the fish you caught at RP?
[signature]
Little less wind would have made it a very fun day, but wind happens....all nice fish, 16 1/2 to 18"....I'd rather be trolling for kokanee or walleye, but these rainbows have been somewhat willing participants, and made for some fun Fall fishing.....now looking forward to some thick ice!..
[signature]