Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls Reservoir
Went to Twin for thanksgiving. My son and I decided to take the boat and run to Salmon Falls. Fished for about 5 hours and caught 2 nice walleyes and 8 trout. A few of the trout were really big which is always fun.
[signature]
Thanks for posting a report. Can't say I've caught many walleye this time of the year, were you trolling bottom bouncers and worm harnesses or jigging? What do you consider a nice walleye, over 18 or 21"?
[signature]
Sure wish it would freeze over. It’s my most gravitate ice hole.
[signature]
Was out to SFCR yesterday. Water was 35 degrees at the backwaters and 40 at greys. Need some colder temps but not far off.
[signature]
I've actually had some of my best and biggest walleyes in November at SFCR but this year was just a bit slow. We caught 2 that day on crankbaits up shallow. They were both right at 20 inches. We caught some fat rainbows trolling.
[signature]
It has been a lot of years past but the two largest eyes I've caught were also in the Fall but I've always done better, as far as numbers, in the late Spring, early Summer time frame. My biggest eye to date came casting cranks toward the shore but the second came wile trolling cranks close to shore. Guess that just shows they hang out close to shore in the Fall. Good job on catching them, sound like a great time.
[signature]