Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my biggest today
Wow that was fun. Only got one but it was big and BEAUTIFUL. Sorry can't tell you my secret spot. I'll be going back. Can't wait to cook it up!
[signature]
Nice and how did it taste? How does a wild turkey taste in comparison to the ones we buy in the stores?
[signature]
This bird was shot the day before thanksgiving. The store bird was thawed and waiting for cooking. So my wild bird was put in the freezer. Reluctantly. So ill be cooking it this coming week. Looks alot different smaller chest, larger legs, weights about 15 / 18 lbs.
[signature]
Wild Turkey (the Bird, not the whisky) is really good in my opinion. We have cooked them many ways and enjoyed all of them. Like most wild game, they are leaner than domestic raised livestock. We have a tradition on Thanksgiving to eat only things we raise in our garden or harvest hunting. Wild Turkey is a crowd pleaser every year.

Nice Bird
[signature]
Wild turkey is great much better then store bought..
[signature]
The wife and I have killed quite a few and they taste nothing like a domestic turkey, they have their own flavor which we like. I would say there is as much difference between the wild and domestic turkey's taste as there is between a chicken and a pheasant. We love hunting them especially when you call them in, gets the heart beat going when they come in to your decoy similar to calling in a bull elk.
[signature]