Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE on?
Anybody see any fishable ice in the Southeast?
[signature]
give it two more weeks and i bet everything will be good to go with 3+ inches except maybe american falls..
[signature]
And Ririe more than likely
[signature]
I was at Aberdeen yesterday and it is 5 ft from being full. No ice anywhere.
[signature]
It's only been below freezing maybe once or twice there in the past couple of weeks so I'm not surprised. Have you ever fished from the bank there at sportsmans park and done any good? I just had shoulder surgery and I'm looking for some easy ways to catch a fish
[signature]
Nope never have bank fished there.
Nice fish being caught now at magic and salmon dam from the bank. Worms & mallows
[signature]
If you want to fish AF, try by the dam, I know we have caught some nice fish there from the bank before ice on.
[signature]
I drove to Chesterfield to check it out. It was about 3/4 frozen with about an inch of ice near the boat dock and 2 inches near the dam. I'm sure if people are crazy enough they could be ice fishing this weekend. But I think if it stays below freezing next weekend will be good for sure
[signature]
Went past Treasureton Wednesday night. It is skinned over....Barely. Not this weekend, but the next should be good.

Usually Daniels and Chesterfield are ready at the same time.

Weston ???? Might be questionable this weekend. Near the Dam is usually frozen earlier than the others because it does not see sunlight.

[cool]
[signature]
People were fishing Weston this weekend as I figured. Seen a few pics of some nice bows on FB. Next week might be my first outing if I can get my auger back from being tuned up. [cool]
[signature]
Don't rush the guy! I did last year and he put my carburator in completely wrong and once it touched the ice it lost all power and would die... He also said I was putting to thin of mixed gasoline in to the machine and that's what was the problem... Long story short we took it to a mechanic in Blackfoot and my auger runs like it's brand new even with blades that's haven't been changed in the 7 years we have owned it... Also do you guys know if sportsmans park is iced over yet or not?
[signature]
Not rushing him. He is a coworker who is great with small engines. He does not do rush jobs. Its done when he says it is done. I am sure it will run like a raped ape when he gets it back to me. [laugh]
[signature]
pm me who you used in Blackfoot. Buddy needs a Z71 worked on badly.

Thanks!
[signature]
How was Blackfoot Resivior Saturday .
[signature]
Ice was 4" and too clear for me. There were only two other groups fishing and we all caught fish. But is was slow. Headed back up this Saturday hoping for 6+ inches of ice so I can move out the spot I like to fish. Did see a big fish 8+ under the ice around my jig but he would not take it.
[signature]
Seen a report from yesterday, it was -6 degrees when they got there . 6 to 8" of clear hard ice .
[signature]
We fished at dike lake and it was 5 deg Saturday morning when we got there. We got there about 8 am, wanted plenty of light to see what we were walking out on.
[signature]
Any other news on Chesterfield? When does it typically have safe ice throughout?
Looking at the temps, you should be close this weekend. Make sure you exercise caution drill a few holes and check thickness as you move out. Also make sure you have cleats, the ice is clear and slick.
[signature]