Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls Creek
Was out Wed. at the backwaters. Ice is sketchy at best. The thickest I measured was 3". Some A lot less than that. Some people have been on it but not far. I fished north of the bathroom. Nobody has been south of the narrows. Fishing was slow. 39° when I left. Water on the ice, slick and clear. Did manage 1 nice fish. But because of the ice I didn't get far from shore. Open water at China Creek.
[signature]
We were there last Saturday and ice was 4 inches, but the sun is shining out there and it’s been warm during the day. Drilled a dozen holes and never got a bite. All this high pressure has the bite shut down. Fish are being caught at roseworth.
[signature]
Those were your holes in the narrows. I didn't check the depth of ice there. I was in the bay north of there east of the point. Were you after walleye? You were fishing s lot deeper water than me. There was a big open water lee at China Creek full of ducks and geese
[signature]
I ran down yesterday to check the cabin at Cedar Creek and pick up my at trailer. Ice was scary and melting fast with temps in the high 40's and a nice steady wind. Fished 10 yards off shore in 5 fow. Brought home 3 fat pink meated trout around 15-16 inches. Lost one a little larger and missed a few bites. Ice was so scary I watched my poles from the bank. Could not see any ice on SFCR at all and would assume it's all gone by now. Come on cold weather!
[signature]