Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurry Up Ririe
Drove by on Thursday morning. No ice. Maybe with the cold weather we can get on around last week of the month. Waiting is killing me.
[signature]
Anybody been by the lake. What does the ice look like.
[signature]
Usually about a 35 to 40 day season starting about Jan 1 for safe ice.
[signature]
As of Christmas eve or so there was about 3/4 inch of ice with a little open water. I'm sure by now it's completely capped. But with the warm temperatures this weekend let's hope it sticks
[signature]
Ririe 12/27 @ 12 noon. Temp was 27 deg.

Looks like at least 10 days before I will be there.
[signature]
1-1-18 no ice at 7:00 pm. Temp 15F.
[signature]
1-3-17 Only ice by the dam to the point. this morning is 12. The lady at the office says maybe by next week, but the way the weather looks it may not happen until mid-January.
[signature]
So is there gonna be an ice season this year? I haven't been up to see, but, wondering if it's time to put boat in and fish, lol. Havent heard from any one on ice or if there is safe ice if anyone is doing any good.
[signature]
No safe ice . Don't think there will be this year , but we do live in Idaho , could have a cold snap .
[signature]
Spring boat fishing might just start a little early this year!
[signature]
I've lived here 10 years and seen ice every year except this one. When was the last time Ririe didn't freeze?
[signature]
4-5 years ago it didn't Freeze, some years it has just been the juniper area that freezes. It's narrow and deep and takes a while usually 1st-2nd week of Jan. sometimes earlier, Most years it does freeze this is just not most years
[signature]
Well, with the forecast showing for the next week to be in the upper 40's lower 50's and the lows not getting even to freezing at night, I doubt that there will be any freezing of ice for the next foreseeable future. Might as well start getting the boat ready for the Kok season early. One thing that might hinder even the boat season is the snow pack in the Willow Creek drainage is below normal so with snow melt and runoff probably on the low end, might not be as much food coming into the reservoir this year for the Kok's. Just crossing our fingers that it's as good of fishing this year as it was last year.
[signature]