Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Cascade
Hi guys and gals,

OK, I'm a Utahtard and I love to ice fish for perch. I've made a number of trips to Cascade both in the summer and on the ice. I'm going to come back at least once this winter, probably in January or February.
I've seen some posts indicating there is fishable ice on Cascade and that's got me thinking about why wouldn't it be a good idea to have some periodic reports about the conditions and the fishing. Over harvest of perch is practically impossible although the bigger ones could be subjected to increased removal if there were too many ice fisherman.
It is in the interest of the Cascade local economy to encourage out of state fishermen to come to the area and experience what is probably the best perch ice fishing currently available west of the Rockies. The lake is large enough and it is blessed with enough good habitat to support the tremendous perch and bass fishery.
Keep in mind the local businesses benefit from the fishermen who use the motels, restaurants and tackle shops like Tom's which we all frequent regularly when we're up there. I even rented a snowmobile last winter because the conditions didn't allow me to use my ATV. Hopefully the conditions this winter will be better for 4 wheelers, but if not, I'm ready to rent a snowmobile again this year.

I spent nearly 20 years working for Utah's DWR and I know how non-resident hunters and fishermen contribute to the support of your state's Fish and Game Department.

So let's see some regular posts on Cascade with particular attention to how the conditions can best be handled, ATV or snow machine.

Thanks in advance. I'd love to meet some of you Idaho Cascade regulars when I get up there this winter.

Mike
[signature]
While we all like to read about Cascade fishing, none of us that I know of have a business in the area to "benefit" from the posts. That being said, a few of the members here do make the pilgrimage up there and post their reports. I understand you can call the store up there and they are more than happy to give you any info you are looking for.
[signature]
I pulled a Utahard out of a snow drift one time. He drove back into it. Sorry Mike but it really happened. Ask right before your trip and we'll let you know if you can access it with a 4 wheeler.
[signature]
I know I'd like to know some tips and suggestions for cascade. I'm planning on trying it for the first time in late January. My brother in law has hit it a half dozen or so times but never really gotten on the fish. As we get closer I'm sure I'll be reaching out to those experienced there on some general areas to try, any tips and I wouldn't turn down an offered hot spot 😉. It's always amazing some of the reports that come out of that reservoir.
[signature]
I'm headed up the 8th of Jan for a few days fishing, shoot me a PM and I will let you know what the conditions are on the ice. Being an Idahoan for 17 years I can see why they don't care to give much info out. [cool]
[signature]
Sounds good to me, I appreciate the report. I bought an older Skidoo snowmobile today, so now I'm prepared for whatever conditions Ma Nature throws my way this season. I think there will be several of us going up around the middle of January and maybe again in February for Tackle Tom's perch tourney.

I'll shoot you a PM when you get back. Be safe and have a fun time.

Mike
[signature]
I think Dubob is going up the same time I am and staying a little longer. I'm also headed back up on 19 Feb. for 5 days if the ice is still good. Trying to dodge the weekends and tournaments. You all have a Merry Christmas and I hope to see some of you on the ice this winter.[fishon]
[signature]