Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standings - Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2017/2018
Ice fishing season is here! Here are the current standings for the Challenge. There must have been a Tiger trout party on Huntington last weekend. Notice now we have a species count column. So go head and post all the different species you catch. Send me a PM if you notice any errors. Happy fishing.

[inline "Dec19 2017 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and you're now geared up and ready to do some ice fishing. Here are the current standings as of Dec. 25, 2017. PM me if you notice any errors.

[inline "Dec 25 2017 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
Happy New Year! Here are the current standings.

[inline "Jan 2 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
January 8, 2018 Update. Happy fishing!

[inline "Jan 8 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
Here's an update going into the weekend. Have a good one!

[inline "Jan 12 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
January 19, 2018 Update. Have a great weekend!

[inline "Jan 19 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
January 25, 2018 Update. Have a great last weekend of January. Happy Fishing!

[inline "Jan 25 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
January 31, 2018 Update. Here comes February!

[inline "Jan 31 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
February 9, 2018 Update. The ice is leaving us fast now. It's been a short short ice season. Have a great weekend!

[inline "Feb 9 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
February 13, 2018 Update. Jeff ices a trout and moves up the rankings.

[inline "Feb 13 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
February 23, 2018 Update. Just a little over a month left for the Challenge. The Catfish contest is "warming up". Have a great weekend!

[inline "Feb 23 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
Yeah I think I'm going to be out of the contest pretty much. Been busy rebuilding my snowmobile, my trailer, working long hours, and getting a snazzy new truck. Best of luck to everyone else this season.
[signature]
March 9, 2018 Update.
[inline "Mar 8 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]
Thanks for the update Ron, starting to draw to the close, too many types of fish are no longer available to even try for, so watch this really close over the next week or so as Redfrog and Brighamfish battle it out... I'm out of contention, I failed on the bass and panfish...Even a first place predator would still leave me short... Good luck to the remaining contestants... Later J
[signature]
As much as I really want to battle it out I think you have a better chance and beating me than I do at making it back to first place. My focus has gone from ice fishing to walleye fishing now. If I didn't have so many constructions jobs going right now maybe I would attempt a burbot but at this time I don't think I will make it to FG.
It was fun anyway and a challenging year with the ice conditions we had.
[signature]
Was a fun contest this year, tough to do everything you want to, to do well on a year that is short of ice... I was catching perch over 12.5" often before the ice came, and then I couldn't find them through the ice, so I spent too much time looking for them and didn't chase a good bass when I should have, so I missed my window there and it left me short in the end... thanks for participating and making this a fun run... Hope you'll do it again next year or even the summer one... We'll ramp that up around mid April... good luck on the eyes... Later J
[signature]
Congratulations to Brighamfish as the winner of the 2017/2018 Ice Fishing Challenge and also for posting the most fish species at a total of 9.
Redfrog came in second followed by SkunkedAgain at a close third. Brigfishjr placed fourth and posted 8 species along with SkunkedAgain and Dunn13.

We had a total of 23 contestants post 18 different species of fish.

The winners of each category are as follows:
Panfish - redfrog - 12" White bass (first one posted)
Trout/Salmon - SkunkedAgain - 27" Rainbow trout
Bass - FishslayerJT - 16" Smallmouth bass
Predators - redfrog - 33" Lake trout
Others - Brighamfish - 26.5" Burbot

I want to thank everyone who participated and helped make it happen. As always, it was a lot of fun.

Prizes will be awarded at the upcoming Willard Bay Flotilla on May 5, 2018.

[inline "FinalStandings IceFishingChallenge Mar 8 2018 Standings.jpg"]
[signature]