Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
Anybody ever fish East Canyon never fished it me and a buddy are going to go try it just wondering what's in there and good depths to try some jigging really you know any information at all would be great
[signature]
I do a little ice fishing and bank fishing at East Canyon. There are rainbows, browns, small mouth bass, and recently planted wipers.
(Two thumbs up to DNR). My observations at the ice tournament a couple years ago was most fish were caught in 7--20 ft of water. The guys fishing off little points going out in the water did pretty well. Bait wise I've done well on small glow shrimpo's tipped with wax worms and sometimes crawfish smelly jelly. There's several good YouTube video of ice fishing E.C. You should check out before you go.

Last Labor Day my buddy and I caught 18 wipers from the bank. I'm looking forward to iceing some of those. If anyone has any tips on catching wipers under the ice I'd love to here from you.

I was at East Canyon a week ago and it was mostly open water with ice starting to form in the inlet bay as well as the North bay. Anyone been up more recently?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I did a drive-by Monday. Main lake is wide open. South end hollow was 80%iced over but looked unsafe from the road. The northeast hollow was also iced and looked unsafe from the road. However, there were 3 people on the north shore of that hollow and two of them ventured onto the ice and drilled some test holes with a hand auger. They were through the ice with only 3 or 4 turns on the handle. They were walking west on shore when I left. They have bigger gonads than I do. [Wink][/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."