Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 was a good year
2017 started off strong with a beautiful buck rainbow!
[Image: FB_IMG_1489028835838.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1489028831622_Signature.jpg]
I spent the year working on tying allot of my own flies.
I learned allot about my own patience, and that is it is horrible...

I spent allot of time chasing trout tin 2017 but also spent a good amount of time on the less desirable feesh! [Image: received_2065998026759524_Signature.jpg]

[Image: received_1514976821892542.jpeg]

I hosted some outings for some friends from out of state, which has turned into an annual gathering..

I spent some time on some new water looking for some unicorns so to speak my son found one as did I he found a tiger trout [Image: 1510447656200.jpg]and I found a brown trout in a tributary that has been cut off from main stem for decades super small waters for the brown.[Image: IMG_20171108_180830_709.jpg]

I was able to find a redband while out looking for bulls failed to find bulls but the red band was a welcomed catch
[Image: 1503763463767.jpg]
was an all around great year here are a few pictures to finish it up!!! [Image: 1513387810421.jpg]
[Image: 1513387810264.jpg]

[Image: QUIK_20171010_142543_thumb.jpg]

[Image: received_2065998126759514_Signature.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20171109_082542_Signature.jpg]

[Image: received_2065998063426187_Signature.jpg]
[signature]
Great job on a good year. I hope 2018 is good to you too.
[signature]
Glad you had a good year. 2017 was only so so for me, but I think 2016 spoiled me. It wasn't all bad. I caught a big bow,[inline "trout small.jpg"] some decent smallies[inline smallie.jpg] and a fair number of walleye.[inline "big eye.jpg"]

I'm excited for 2018 though as it's going to be all new to me. I'm moving to the Olympia, Washington area so it's going to be a lot of learning. Excited to chase some anadromous fish and get out in the salt.
[signature]
Nice post Jeremy, glad you had a good year... Greg Sad to see ya leave, when's the move date? Later J
[signature]
Hey! You moving to Washington eh? You can listen to the crickets chirp on the Washington board with me!

Don't do it man! Idaho>Washington

Just kidding. Wish you the best in the move.
The rivers over there are fun but pretty crowded. The salt stuff is fun though for sure
[signature]
[quote gstott] I'm moving to the Olympia, Washington area so it's going to be a lot of learning. Excited to chase some anadromous fish and get out in the salt.[/quote]

Good luck on the move, please consider helping iliketofish out there on the Washington board, thanks.
[signature]
I will definitely consider it once I get settled in [Smile]
[signature]
I'll be leaving on the 31st. I can't believe how fast it's coming up. Maybe I'll come out to visit some time and bring a rod or two [Smile]
[signature]
Yeah I have a feeling things will receive a little more pressure out there. I'll be living over in the middle of nowhere to the west of Olympia though, so hopefully with some exploring I'll find some less popular waters. I do a ton of bass fishing, and with so many lakes in the area, I imagine I'll keep busy. Ocean perch, black sea bass and lingcod definitely have me intrigued though. My new schedule will have me working 7 days on/7 days off, so I'll have a lot of time to get out there and try a lot of places. At least I won't have to worry about my favorite lakes drying up every summer out there [laugh]

Sorry I kind of hijacked your thread Jeremy. Those are some really pretty trout for sure.
[signature]
Best of luck to ya in the move. You'll be in steelhead country so you may have to learn to battle the silver bullets. They're a great fish, nothing like their slimer cousins. Sorry I didn't ever find time to join ya on the water, I wanted to do that sometime. If I get up north I'll have to try finding you on the board. Good luck and thanks for all the great fish stories over the years. Later J
[signature]