Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East canyon
I haven't seen many updates for East canyon lately. Anybody have any info to share ? Thanks.
[signature]
Took a drive yesterday by it and about 90 was capped with a few open water spots here and there.. the arms are all froze and had people on them. South of Taylor hollow has about 6 plus inches I hear. But right by the bathrooms at Taylor hollow still had a little open water.
[signature]
Thank you very much for the reply. Planning on a combo of ice and open this weekend .I will report back on Monday .
[signature]
I was just up there fishing yesterday by the state park boat ramp. ice there was 4-6" thick. when I got there Wednsday night the entire lake looked capped with clear ice away from the shore. The storm yesterday covered it with 4-6" of snow after the wind opened up the water in many spots. Fishing was good for me during the storm on jig with 2" white glow tubes tipped with power bait just off the bottom.
[signature]
I wanted to add one thing before bed. Iv'e always been a fair weather fisherman (spring to fall). I decided to try the ice finally this year. Too bad the ice hasn't co-operated so far. I thank those who report on this site. It helped me to have an excellent first time on the ice. So, now I joined. Hope to help you all as well in the future. Thanks all!!
[signature]
Oh, ya. If anyone finds a red coleman camping chair, enjoy, rookie mistake. Them things can move across the ice, eh?
[signature]
Welcome to the site slchillbilly, thanks for the info and report. When fishing in the wind, it really helps to tie everything down. I remember one time the wind came up so quick that it caught me with the tent door halfway open and it took me for a ride. Learned a good lessen on that trip, never put a tent up, without staking it out[blush].
WH2
[signature]
My son's some friends and I fished it Saturday. We caught a fair number fishing 20 - 30 fow. Most fish suspended between 5 and 10 ft. Mostly white tubes w/ wax worms. Fished the South end. There was no open water to fish. Good luck if you go.
[signature]
I’m pretty sure your chair is on the far shore of the bay below the yurts. I saw it there last night when we left. Fishing was incredible for me. I think I caught nearly 50 fish. We were down by Taylor hollow on the south end. Never got any bigger than 18” and most were 12”-14”. Didn’t seem to matter what we used, small jigs tipped- fished 6’ down or on bottom. Ice and edges were both solid.
[signature]
Thanks for the info MACMAN. I think I may be heading up there tomorrow so I'll have a look see. At least it gave me an excuse for the wife to do some online shopping for a new tri-pod chair. the old four leggers hurt the hips after awhile anymore!!
[signature]
How thick was the ice up around Taylor Hollow?
[signature]
I fished just south of Taylor Hollow yesterday. Didn't measure the ice but it was safe 4-6 maybe. I did see a patch of open water in taylor hollow, and it looked sketchy north of there. We managed only one bite, had it on long enough for it to bend the pole in half, and take some drag before having it get off. Definitely disappointing to loose it, because it felt like it would have been the best fish of the season.
[signature]
I didn’t measure it, but it was 6-8”. It’s safe south of Taylor. I wouldn’t do Taylor and north to Dixie. Dixie looked safe too. Edges stayed good all day, but I bet that’s about to change. With these temps I spud everything.
[signature]