Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike
Are there any recent reports from CJ? Weather should be good this weekend.
[signature]
I think your weather report was wrong, all weekend its suppose to blow anywhere from 13-25mph. Not very pleasant especially for CJ. I was going to go down today with HnH but the wind is going to blow some I believe. I use accuweather for wind forecast, seems too be pretty accurate in my experience.
Matt
[signature]
Perch at 40 ft
[signature]
NOAA said 6 to 13 mph when I looked. I agree that wind much over that is not good on CJ. "Wind Alert" and "Willy Weather" both list lower wind. This time of year the question is how much rather than if there will be wind. Thanks for your wind report. Maybe I'll stay home and do some scroll saw work. Probably safer.
[signature]
Andy Fioka had his best day ever there . Several over 15 " he has YouTube videos from this year . He catches more big Perch than anyone I know .
[signature]
[quote curt69]Andy Fioka had his best day ever there . Several over 15 " he has YouTube videos from this year . He catches more big Perch than anyone I know .[/quote]

lol... that’s Cascade Curt.
Matt
[signature]
Sorry your right . Me and 3 other are heading to Cascade February 14 thru 19 . Hope we get a cold snap .
[signature]
A 15” at CJ would definitely be a freak of nature.
[signature]
Great weather on cj today. Couldn’t find many of our fish of choice today.. only one crappie, did hit a nice 2.68 lb 17.5” smallmouth as a bonus though. Launched at Air Force and fished the main pool. Trucks were parked up top by the time we trailered the boat. Water temp mid forties and good visibility in the water column..
I have reservations up there from the 19-23rd of Feb. but holding off to see what shape the ice is in then. Good luck you guys.
[signature]
[quote PACKFAN]I have reservations up there from the 19-23rd of Feb. but holding off to see what shape the ice is in then. Good luck you guys.[/quote] we are waiting to see a report from the tournament tomorrow. We are thinking about canceling to .
[signature]
Packfan,
heading to CJ this weekend, I'll let you know how we do. lots of boats in the narrows this last weekend, 40 FOV is the best that I've heard
[signature]
Has there been any reports on sturgeon fishing? At what water temp do they start being active biters? I am anxious to learn about the early spring bite. I first fished for them in June last year and would love to get an early start this year.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
They bite year round. Boat or bank?
[signature]
I usually fish from my Tracker Pro Guide. I have never bank fished C.J., but would be appreciative of locations for bank fishing on windy days. I have long rods (12') for shore fishing; that I have done around Bliss. Does anyone fish for them in the main Reservoir or do they stick to the Narrows up to Loveridge Bridge? PM me if you want info kept private.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue