Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Great Goose Hunt in WY.
I had a great hunt this past week for three days with my two sons and a couple grandsons in Wy. Always a fun shoot with the High Plains Wingshooter bunch from Torrington. They treat you right and put you on the geese.
[signature]
That is quite the haul.
[signature]
We brought 35 home between the three of us. You are allowed 12 in possession and we hunted 3 mornings. If you like to hunt waterfowl this is the place to go. Heated pit blinds that will hold the guide and 5 shooters.
[signature]
That would be an awesome time.

Have you ever been on a spring snow goose hunt?

A few of us at work are talking about trying it but have no idea where to start.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Yes I have been on a spring goose hunt in Kansas a couple years ago, that was fun but nothing like the thrill I get with big Canadas with cupped wings lining up on your decoys. [cool]
[signature]
What do you do with all those wingfeathers?

I make primitive archery gear and would love to take them off your hands.
[signature]
Man you have asked me for wing feathers in the past and I flat forgot about it, sorry. You would have had plenty because you have to leave a wing on the birds, some guys do but I have seen a lot of hunters from other states over there that don't worry about it. Remind me next fall and I will darn sure keep the wings, our hunts are over until next season.
[signature]