Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noobie questions: Echo and Causey
Hi everyone!
I'm taking my dad and brother out Saturday. This is my first season ice fishing, and neither of them have ever been. So I have some noobie questions:
Is perch fishing at echo better by the dam or the boat launch? If it is better by the dam, where's the best place to access it with the least amount of walking?

Also, has anyone heard any good reports for fishing or ice conditions for Causey reservoir? (It'd be fun to catch a koke!)

Any pointers would be appreciated!
[signature]
Pineview might.be easier access for perch. As far as Causey goes I haven't seen many reports .you never know though you may get lucky.. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
[signature]
Thanks! I think we will try Pineview and see how it goes. All that really matters is that we can finally get away from work and spend some time with our dad.
[signature]
I fished Causey today & the edges were very soft, accessed the ice thanks to someone leaving a plank. Had a bunch of fish look at my jigs but only one taker. Had one more quick bite all day. The ice was 7-14” depending on where we drilled holes but very cloudy ice.
[signature]
Thanks for the update! I don't hear a lot from Causey, but it seems like it would be a nice place to ice fish.
[signature]