[center]Chris says: Bring it on Trump, JC,s Waiting![/center]
[center]The Brits Call JC “A Two Bit Con Man”![/center]
[center]JamieB say: “Trumps Wall was JC,s Idea”[/center]
[center]Darrel Says: “JC is a Fradulant Basket Weaver”[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]HEADLINES: Feb 14, 2018[/center]
[center] [/center]
Well JC seemed to be pretty down as fishing kinda sucked all week, unless you were going for Sierras and Tuna. It seems this guy goes the way the fishing goes. He was crying and balling like a little girl and I asked him what had gotton into him? He said I wouldnt understand if he told me!! He said I had spent too much time fishing for Catfish and drinking Falstaff in Arkansas. He said if it wasnt for him bringing me to Cabo I would have grown up to be a nothing. Jc Barked: get out of my office and go do some reporting, like I hired you to!!! Whatever..... en tus sueños Compadre!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: Hows the weather? Well its great as ever and it even seems it is warmer than past years. A couple overcast days with the sun breaking through this past week, but other than that it has been really nice and pretty warm. It has never really got that cool this year, even in January and February it was above average as far as temperatures go.

WATER: The Sea water around the Cabo area seems to be staying warm if you go out of Cabo harbor and head southeast towards San Jose and Los Frailes. Temperatures are still 70 to 74 degrees, which is pretty unusual this time of year. If you head out of the harbor and go north towards the Pacific side you will hit some cooler water, but unusually warm for this time of year. It looks as if there are pockets of 69 to 71 degree water out past and north east of the Finger Bank. Anyway, it has been strange this year as far as temps go and it has affected the fishing and the species of fish that we should be seeing right now in our area.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. [url "http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb"]http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb[/url]

BILLFISH: The Striped Marlin has been pretty decent over the last week. We have had days where we went out and caught 2 to 4 marlin per boat and taged and released all of them. Most of the Marlin was landed like a mile off shore from the Light House all the way up to Ranch Migrino and were using live bait on most occasions to land the Marlin. It seems everyday we have been landing Marlin from our boats. The Bob Marlin, Bite Me and Catch Me all have reported landing Marlin this past week, so it has been a productive Marlin week

DORADO: A few Dorade were landed up inside the Golden Gates area. We had days where we landed up to 7 Dorado. It is not so common to have Dorado even around this time of year, so the fact we are catching them now is a plus for us and our clients.

WAHOO: Havent heard of any this past week.

TUNA: The Tuna are really hanging in there and really that has been some of the best action we have seen all week. Our boats the Bob Marlin and the Bite Me have both done really good with the Tuna over the past week. We have been running out to find the small schools of Tuna and have had some good luck. Looking for the Porpoise and running along side of the Porpoise has helped us land some nice Tuna. Most are in the 20lb range but it makes for lots of fun and good eating. One day the Bob Marlin landed 17 Tuna all in the 20lb range and the same day out own Bite Me landed 21 Tuna. So all in all its been pretty decent.

INSHORE: Sierras is the story of the week with all you want on Pacific side. The inshore fishing is better than last week with more Sierra being caught on hootchies and striped bait from the Solmar to the Pump House. The Amber Jack action was decent inshore and we were using rapalas and jigging iron to entice them, and it worked. Even the Red Snapper and Grouper fishing was pretty good this past week as we did well up and around Margarita Rocks on the Pacific side.
[center] [/center]
[center]From The Admirals Kitchen!![/center]
Blackened Amberjack!!
Ingredients
1 (1-pound) Amberjack fillet
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Cooking spray
Preparation
1. Cut fillet into 4 equal pieces. Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Dredge fish in spice mixture; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Coat a large cast-iron skillet with cooking spray; place over high heat until very hot. Add fish, and cook 3 minutes. Turn fish, and cook 3 to 4 additional minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Fish should look charred. (You may prefer to do this procedure outside due to the small amount of smoke that is created.)
[center]Baked Amberjack!![/center]
Number of Servings: 8
Ingredients
2.74 lbs fish
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tbsp margerine
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp mrs dash
1.5 tsp homemade gourmet seasoning

Directions
Mix all ingredients except fish in large bowl. Coat fish with mixture , then place on foil lined pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Makes about 8.8 servings of 5oz.

BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. [url "http://www.jcsportfishing.com"]http://www.jcsportfishing.com[/url] [url "http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ"]http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ[/url]

[signature]