Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot Reservoir?
I'll be coming up to fish Blackfoot for the Tightlines Ice Addiction Tournament later this month. As I've never fished it, I figured that I would reach out to see if any locals would share any successes or tips for the reservoir.

Also, any recommendations on places to stay?

TIA
[signature]
There is only one way to access the Resivior without a snow machine It is called the Dike . You have to it go out of Soda Springs . I have never been to that end of lake . So not much help . A friend fished it last weekend and caught 8 fish . 3 were Cutthroughts , you cant keep any Cutthroughts on this lake . They are protected .
[signature]
I just looked up the tournament you are talking about . It is not on Blackfoot Resivior. It is on American Falls Resivior . At Seagle Bay . I doubt they will hold it at all . There is no ice .
[signature]
They have officially changed the location to Blackfoot.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. They did change the tournament from American Falls to Blackfoot. I'm bummed they had to cancel the Utah Pineview tournament. I hope this one is a go.
[signature]
Tried to get to the dike but the road was blown shut. Does anyone know the results of the tournament yesterday? How many entries, biggest fish and total lbs?
[signature]
The tournament was canceled... more then likely because of lack of interest.
[signature]
More than likely a scam and why? Over 16" of ice and solid shore ice. "Idaho event has been canceled due to rapidly changing ice conditions." Oh, Non refundable entry carries over to next year. lol

Sorry to be a downer but really?

Hopeful no one here fell for it.
[signature]
they refunded my money...
[signature]
I kind of agree with you, but not sure it was a scam- just a poor business decision. As a business owner myself, we get into deals all the time that don’t look great. We won’t cut bait and run, we’ll follow through with our end. They should have known angler participants were limited before they moved it from AF and called it right then. This demographic never had the potential to draw the required amount to be successful. To blame it on the ice is a poor look for them. Just call it like it was. At least I got my money back for the entry, but the valuable day off work and 2 day out of state license was wasted. I’m sure the hotels that went from booked to empty the day prior were thrilled too.
[signature]
I am glad to hear that they refunded the money and it's Sad that we can't get a few tournaments going in the area. They will not have the draw a lot of people in this area just because of population and we are not use to back east style of ice fishing tournaments. They change the rules twice and $45 entry is steep for me. Maybe not so many great prizes, $25 entry and move it back to America Falls next year would help prime the pump.
[signature]