Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have just moved here and need help finding some good catfishing spots around Melba/Murphy area. We caught lots in Ohio but so far no luck in Idaho. We fished a lot last year, after we could get in state lic. but no luck.

We would be fishing from shore and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
[signature]
Welcome to the site jerryla, what part of Idaho are you in? Have you found our Idaho board? WH2
[signature]
We are in between Melba and Murphy Idaho, southwest?
[signature]
OK, there is a lot of good fishing around you and a lot of guys on the Idaho board. If you like, I can move your post to the Idaho board, so some of the local guys can give you some helpful info?
[signature]
Yes anything you can do that will help get us some info to start fishing in the right places would help. Thank you very much!
[signature]
OK, you are on the Idaho board now. The only place that I know of in your area for cats is CJ Strike but I'm sure there are many more.
[signature]
Welcome to the Forum. I don't live in that area . But there are a lot of nice guys on here that will probably jump in and help you out .
[signature]
The snake river through Melba and Murphy is literally full of big channel catfish. Night crawlers, cutbait, or my fave, chicken livers. The bite should be picking up as the weather warms. Try map rock road or a dock at celebration park or Walters ferry. Google maps will guide you to those spots.[fishon]
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Welcome to the site jerryla, what part of Idaho are you in? Have you found our Idaho board? WH2[/quote]

Hey wiperhunter2, I've been a member on here for years and never heard of the Idaho Board. Do you have a link to it or can ya point me to it? Thanks a ton.
[signature]
You are on the Idaho board now, this thread was moved to the Idaho board but I realize there is also a link from the intro board, so here it is:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Idaho...Forum_C22/

BFT has a huge amount of boards for all topics, although few are ever used, here is a link to all BFT boards:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/
[signature]
Try the snake between swan Falls and celebration park. I've seen people fishing for cats in that stretch and we caught four last July during a float.
[signature]