Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Perch 2.1lbs
Caught my biggest perch to date...Mantua inlet just over 2lbs. The others were also around 1lb.
[signature]
What a PIG!! Nice catch!
[signature]
Wow! Way to go. Wonder what the record is? Have never seen Perch that big!
[signature]
Nice fish! Congrats. How was the ice?
[signature]
Now that’s what you call a pig! Incredible!!!
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
[#0000FF]Very nice.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
the record is 2lb 11oz
[signature]
Hey ..... You could make a tub of TD's Pig out Chowder with that mess. Nice Going.
[signature]
at Mantua? really? Didnt realize they got that big in there!
[signature]
Nice perch, were they still full of eggs? If so I guess it would be because of this crazy warm winter.
[signature]
Ice is all gone at Mantua so take your boat or toon or tube. Later J
[signature]
Sorry....but I call Bull $#!*.....

Just an opinion....
[signature]
Why do you think it is Bull? I've caught 13" perch there and so have other members and the OP said he was fishing the inlet.
[signature]
What would be the benefit of lying be?
[signature]
Says the perpetual ice off predictor. Haha. That is weird because Echo is still capped with 4-5 inches of ice, albeit the edges are pulling away on most of the lake. Cold snap should help, hope snow doesn't get too deep. I hate slush and deep snow! Makes walking a pain in the rear. Not putting away ice stuff just yet
[signature]
I tell ya ice is off caught 20 finless Freddie's today trolling. Wasn't Mantua but wasn't ice fishing. Other than the Berry I think it's over for me. Maybe the cold will help some of the spots that still has ice left recover a bit but I know the edges will still be too thin. Crazy year I feel bad it ended so quick. Best of luck as you keep on top of the hard water. Later J
[signature]
Nice job! looks like summer. I contemplated getting the boat out but then it got cold again. Went out yesterday and caught about twenty nice perch in about an hour and a half. Can't give it up yet.
[signature]
Boy if I could find more ice I'd make it last as long as I could, but was fun on Quail Creek today, really nice day for sure. Fun to have that quick trout hits. Had a couple real nice ones nail it but most were 12-14". BTW Hyrum is about full open too. Not quite there but will be soon. Later J
[signature]
Don't forget he's a young buck here and probably hasn't fished Mantua often to know what kind of big guns live in that spring water lake [Tongue]
[signature]
Could be or he just does not believe that it is a 13" perch. From experience I can say it is really hard to get an idea of the size of any fish from a pic without a tape measure. Here is an example, I'm holding a perch that is over 13.5" but it is hard to tell but the next pic is the same fish by a tape.
[signature]