Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe
Fish and game just posted on there Facebook page . People are ice fishing Ririe . Be careful out there .
[signature]
Saw that on FB! Stay away from the springs! LOL
[signature]
There is 4 1/2 inches of ice on Ririe as of Saturday. Saw three other fishermen and everybody caught kokes. Small size fish tell me that there are a lot to go around. Who would have guessed that ice would finally arrive on Feb. 24. We may get a couple of weeks if the weather stays cold. Next week looks promising.

Go get um.
[signature]
Today the ice was 6 inches. Caught my limit by 0900. Other were doing well also. May get another week the way the weather prediction looks.
[signature]
Someone went though the ice today. They got out safe . Forecast is for mid 40's all week . The end is near .
[signature]
A friend of mine said there were 4 fellows on facebook that reported going through the ice. One by the dam and one by the boat ramp about a 100 yard. Hope the weather holds. The NOAA site says the lows are in the teens for three nights. I'll be spud barring it in the morning just to be safe.
[signature]
Use extreme caution!!! The snow has covered all the holes that have been drilled and will insulate the ice. I stepped in a snow covered hole today and went over my knee. Stay away from the pressure ridge that runs down the middle towards the far docks. Also when we were leaving, the dock is floating on the end when you step on it. If it make you feel any better, the guys over by the dam had a spud bar.
[signature]
All the slush from the heavy snow has froze and the ice is 7 inches. Kokanee fishing has been exceptional this year. The ice may hold for another week if the nights stay below freezing.
[signature]
[quote fallsfish]All the slush from the heavy snow has froze and the ice is 7 inches. Kokanee fishing has been exceptional this year. The ice may hold for another week if the nights stay below freezing.[/quote]it was melting fast Friday with the wind lots of standing water.fishing was great
[signature]
Saturday the 10th there was 6-7 " NW of the ramp with a good 4+" ' of that clear ice getting a little soft at 4pm. .If there were enough people by you you could keep the school there, other wise they would quickly move past. I got a couple of kokanee Due to being on the edge of everyone. met some good people as well. better than average size.
Open water SW of the island near the middle when I left.
[signature]
I think the season is over , two people went through the ice today . One trying to help the other one .
[signature]
It stayed warm overnight last night, it didn't get below 44 at my place south of shelley. Wow, that will melt some ice and rest of week with warm temps and rain will really take the ice off. We don't need any severe accidents that don't bring everyone home safe.
[signature]
Went out early this morning and drilled a hole at the end of the dock and found 7 inches of ice. Walked out 30 ft and feel thru to my waist. Talked with Bob the camp host after getting to my truck and he was going to tell Sportsmans about the soft ice condition.

Get the boats ready.
[signature]
Spent last couple days dragging all of my fishing gear out, sorting, cleaning it up and then worked on boat. Smile It will be here before ya know it. So who or where can ya buy the permits again this year? Anyone at juniper you can contact or from Commissioners Secratary in Courthouse? I think it may be within a couple weeks that we can get on the water if it keeps going.
[signature]
The secretary at Juniper has the permits. The commissioners office no longer sells them.
[signature]
Thanks Falls, is that the trailer up on the flat just before you enter Juniper? And do you know there hours?
[signature]
I called 298 538-5126 and talked to the guy that works there. Call him and he can
give you directions
[signature]
Appreciate the comments/info on Ririe... Hoping to get the boat ready to go sooner than later!

A couple questions on the pass... what is the cost, dates that it is valid for and does it work at parks on the lake or just at Juniper?

Thanks,

Paul
[signature]
[url "http://www.co.bonneville.id.us/index.php/parks-and-recreation/summer-recreation"]http://www.co.bonneville.id.us/index.php/parks-and-recreation/summer-recreation[/url] This will give you prices etc. I just wasn't sure where to go to pick up the passes, but, I know now. thanks
[signature]

back on the ice today. Caught the limit by 9:30. There is 6 " of ice so mostly good. Hard to say how long it will be good ice. I'll try it again in the morning.
[signature]