Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free pass for Vets
Many of you may already be aware of this but the National Parks recently started a new policy where any veteran with ANY LEVEL of disability, including a 0% rating can get a FREE LIFETIME National Parks pass.

The State of Utah is requiring at least 50% disability for a free annual pass. If any of you qualify for either of these please take advantage as you earned it!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Does that mean all veterans qualify for the national parks pass? If so, how does one obtain one?
[signature]
I think this is the info you're looking for. If you're a state park honor pass holder, I'm told they have to be renewed yearly. No idea how that works since mine was written on in marker and the year issued rubbed off the same day.

https://www.recreation.gov/marketing.do?...litary.htm
[signature]
Dang. Missed the state park pass by 20%!
[signature]
Thanks for answering everyone's questions Bob. I guess I wasn't very clear that even 0% is still a disability rating to qualify for the free lifetime pass. I wish the state would follow that example or even better provide one for all veterans. Just to money hungry I guess.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Oregon provides a free pass to disabled veteran (don't have the be an Oregon resident). Free camping at state parks 10 days each month. Just booked 3 days on the Oregon coast. Normally $31 a night. Free with pass. Here's a link for more info.

https://oregonstateparks.org/?do=v.page&id=19
[signature]
I'm 50% disabled I was able to get a special fun tag prior to them stopping that but how do I get this pass?
[signature]
[quote goose_716]I'm 50% disabled I was able to get a special fun tag prior to them stopping that but how do I get this pass?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Which pass are you referring to here, the new Utah pass? If yes, disabled Veterans (with 50% or more rating) can get a free, annual pass from Utah Parks & Recreation offices state wide (which includes all of the State Parks) with proper documentation of your disability rating (VA Letter works for this). But if you still have the old 'Fun Tag', why would you want to go through the hassle of getting a renewal every year? The old 'Fun Tag' is still valid. [/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Lost it one day. Serious panick at the time. Lol Got lucky someone returned my wallet and I now store it differently
[signature]
If you spend any time on Oregon, you can get a free state parks pass, even if you aren't a resident. Free entrance and camping at any state park . Girlfriend and I use it several times a year to visit the Oregon beach.

https://www.oregon.gov/odva/Benefits/Pag...ation.aspx
[signature]