Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steelhead website
Hey guys I haven't fished for steelhead in over 8 years we always fish below challis and there was a website that would tell you how many fish was coming in to the pahsimeroi hatchery would someone know what website that is we are thinking its time for a road trip also how is this years run looking thanks in advance
[signature]
https://idfg.idaho.gov/fish/steelhead/returns
[signature]
I check the F&G website as well as call the Pahsimoroi hatchery. They have a message when you call in that usually has up to date counts. I believe they are at 15 for the year as of the 5th so that tells me that the fish are a lot lower in the system. They are very spread out this year with deadwater freezing twice. They are actually catching fish from Riggins to Ellis at the moment. Some days are better than others. Hopefully the temperatures will hop up a little bit and get them on the move a little better.
[signature]
The run is also really down this year. You can still have some decent days, but some days you will really have to work to get that one bite. Hopefully it gets better in the years to come with better ocean and runoff conditions they past two years.
[signature]
My dad and I fished above Ellis, and down through deer gulch Thursday and Friday. Thursday conditions were tough, snowed three inches on us and the wind was howling. No hook ups. Friday was a better day weather wise, and my dad and I each landed a fish. Talked with 5 other groups as we loaded the boat up and no one had hooked a fish. Water temps are still very low. Thursday it was about 34, and Friday it managed to rise to around 37.
[signature]