Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Catfish Contest STANDINGS
Sorry I'm starting behind this year, but let's do a little catch up.... Ahi has been adding to his tally several times already and he already has 3 fish on the board and a 28"er... Now if that was mine it would be there all season, but I'm sure Ahi will have all those fish replaced by the end of April... So welcome to the 2018 season and let's have some fun... Good luck everyone....

After I get the score sheet tallied I'll add the first leader board below... J
[signature]
Here's the leader board with Ahi on top and north to an early lead... Later J

[inline catcon3818.PNG]
[signature]
Looks like us southern boys have our work cut out for us!
[signature]
I think all of us do, to try and keep up with Ahi. He's a cat catching machine. Will be fun to watch him and BLK go at it this year they are both master catters and put in a ton of time to bump up their scores to the top. That's why we do a three fish score. Anyone can luck into a one time monster catch, but to pull three thirty plus fish in requires some skill and ability. This contest is fun to watch even as a spectator. Although I'm still hoping for a good year and to stay competitive. Hope you'll do the same as long as it's still fun for you. Later J
[signature]
Anytime fishing is well spent and fun. Ill be out there trying to catch me some big kitties!
[signature]
Best of luck and make sure you post them. Sometimes people won't post because someone has a bigger fish. Post whatever you catch I like to see lots of folks catching fish. And it's fun to compete against your best mark and keep trying to do better and turns out you will do better. Later J
[signature]
Went out today for the first time this year to get some lines wet. Tried to find Ali's secret spots but no luck. Far as I could see, I was the only person fishing anywhere on Bear River Bird Refuge. Well, chalk up my first skunk for the year, but now all my tackle is ready, my boat is ready (did the yearly maint. at WB yesterday) got my new AIS annual cert last night, perfect timing.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I couldn't get out today TC had the truck in the shop getting a new muffler. But did run out for a few hours this evening skunked myself also hit it yesterday with no luck.
looks like the 3 I caught early were the only ones out there. We still got lots of time to find the big boys.

Good luck
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Hey Jeff, are we really that out numbered ? 19 on the board for the south, only 9 for the north? Oh yea, board is missing TinCansMate [Smile]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forest as of today there are 67 signed up for the contest. 41 South and 26 North, so yes we are a bit out numbered, but we're a resilient bunch up north and it gives us a better chance to catch more of the big ones... They have to share them between more folks down that way...

How about an update while I'm posting.... Week two and the south has made an entry to give Ahi a little competition... North still ahead, but suspect the south will wake soon with the warmer temps... Ahi put up a little cat entry as well...

[inline catcon31218.PNG]
[signature]
Sorry for the mid-week update, but Ahi was out after'em again and almost tipped the 30" mark.... So here's an update... Ahi's score is already at a point that would have put him in the top five finishers last year... Wow nice job John.... Later J

[inline catcon31318.PNG]
[signature]
Okay I usually won't be able to do updates so close together, but team south took the lead today so wanted to pass on the unfortunate news... if Pat would get his cat entered it would be an even larger lead, but I'm still working on him to post the fish... So team north get going the south is rolling and finding good fish too, so get out there and catch some fish... Let me know what you're getting them to bite on and good luck all... Later J

[inline catcon31418.PNG]
[signature]
Looks like only a few good days for us northern boys and girls this week. Let get out there.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
[#00bf00]Hey guys ready for an update? My computer has been crashed and so I'm way behind on everything, but ran what I could see as new entries to date... If I've missed some of your fish PM me and I'll look again... Anyway team south out to almost a two to one lead over team north... Although Ahi is still way in the lead... Nice fish coming in this year... Good job everyone... Later J[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00][inline catcon32018.PNG]
[/#00bf00]
[signature]
[#00bf00]Sorry lazy today so I won't post the leader board, but Ahi, just added to his score, now at 85 points and well in the lead. Team south still has about a double digit lead and not a lot changed, but just wanted to give ya an update... Later J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Pisco just nailed a fish as big as the biggest fish from Utah Lake last year... Just a half inch shy of Ahi's biggest so far... Couple fish added from team north as well.... sorry for the pitiful size on a couple of those, but didn't want Ahi to have to carry the whole load... Kfisher helped out as well... so it's a seven Vs seven fish contest now and team South is in the lead by a fair amount... all my fault sorry team north... Starting to get fun and even fish biting up north so get out and add some real fish to the contest board... Have fun... Later J

[inline catcon32618.PNG]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Little turn around last night 3 cats rolling in on the north, to take the lead back from team south... Ahi still has a big lead even though the number two fish is only a little ways behind from the south... this is the fun part of the contest where there are big swings everyday when folks get out after them... South has 7 fish on the score board and the north has 8, so the North's lead isn't as big as it may appear to be... two more fish for team north to fill the bracket, and the south needs 3 fish... From there it's bump time... Good luck everyone, I'm expecting this Friday to be exciting with lots of action, cats will be active and I know the south has a major attack planned... Get out there and have some fun... Cats are actually biting pretty well right now... I had 10 takes last night, but only hooked two... Good luck.... Later J[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][inline catcon32818.PNG][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]

[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000bf]Update going into the weekend.... One more cat for team north so that's nine of ten for the team score... [#ff0000]Note this did put team south in the lead on an average per fish column, but not the overall score. [#00bf00]Hope you have a great weekend and catch a bunch of nice fish... Should be a good time to get on some cats... For me I've been finding them in shallower areas where they can warm up a little, so maybe that will help you with your search... Good luck!!![/#00bf00][/#ff0000][/#0000bf]
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00][inline catcon32918.PNG]
[/#00bf00]
[signature]
[#0000ff]As predicted it was a wild weekend... Lots of fish came in and we now have a dead heat north and south tied up with ten fish each, so the battle begins from this point forward... Ahi nailed another monster putting him in current command of the top with two top fish in the contest... South using a spread out assault with lots of members pitching in nice fish... North just a few contributing so far... Fun season and great time to be out... Good luck everyone... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon4218.PNG]
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Just noticed in the standings that you put my fish under my grandpas user name on here. Mine has a gs on the end. Just wanted to let you know
[signature]