Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Catfish Contest STANDINGS
[#0000ff]Update Tblanchard is shooting for the top with a big move in one night, look to see her pushing the top two soon... Nice job!!!! J [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon8218.PNG]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Okay for Catchinon, here is a breakdown of the top ten fish for both sides so you can see who needs to up their personal fish scores to help the team out... Catchinon really didn't ask for this, but I know he's into the numbers so I thought he might like it... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon8218a.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the graphic. It proves just what I've been talking about. If we only counted the top four for each team, south would be winning by one point; if the top five it would be tied. From there on down the north is edging us on each spot. So, we have to be catching up on the bottom end with a half point here and a whole point there. (Or someone could just catch another 32.5"er). I'm trying to do my part but we have the real horses on our team to do it.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Takes a minimum of four people to win a team contest that's why we set it up this way we don't want one person to carry everything. So you are just as important as the ice man when it comes to winning the team thing he can't do it alone. So keep fishing. Later J
[signature]
Yeah, I like it that way. Each team has a few stars but all of the rest of us have a chance to contribute. It's kind of like team wrestling: each person has to go out and do their best to win individually in order to win as a team. I just like the friendly competition and camaraderie that it engenders. Go South (and North)! I know I'm having fun.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Glad you're having fun, that was our goal. Speaking of goals, I hit mine yesterday for 87 points. Now I think I want to try and exceed my goal. I thought I had done that yesterday. I had a fish on that pulled like a barn door halibut. Never had a catfish pull this hard. Took me over ten minutes no kidding to land it, I couldn't get it off the bottom. Had to pump it up and reel down the slack cranking the drag down quite tight. Ended up I had foul hooked it in the bottom fin just in front of the tail. It ended up only 25.5" but felt like 40". It was really a fun fish. Should have went out last night and this morning but that rain made my field just right for digging it up for fall planting so I'm farming again today. But should save me time and money down the road. Got to run. Later J
[signature]
Got a 27 1/2 in 7 #10 oz cut at Utah lake.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Weekend update, had a few bumps and moves, but overall it was sort of slow... Do have a new small fish leader with Tincansmate taking that lead at 4 and 5/8"..... Ahi still sits on top by an inch... North still leads by a few inches and not a lot has changed, but still lots of room for movement... Good luck to all... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon8618.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Let's do an update.... Got a new small cat leader and also some juggling back and forth with positions... North is still in the contest lead, south still has the biggest fish... Check out the details... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon8918.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Wow, big fish and big moves and one to watch.... Sharksugar bounced up to 90 points, Bottomwatcher is sneaking up on the top... Check out his impressive catches... Team North is increasing the lead, but still well within striking distance, however, all ten of the North's fish are all over 30" now... so the south needs a few more 30+ fish to get back in the contest... Big week for not a lot of fish coming in... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon81318.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#8000ff]Well Ahi isn't letting anyone close the gap on him, now at two 32's and a 31.5" he's making a great score, the highest ever in our five years of cat contests... Doubt he's done raising the bar... Lots of tough challengers this year that on a normal year would have taken the contest, but this is not a normal year for sure.. Keep watching or catching and it will be fun to see where things end up... Nice job everyone... Later J[/#8000ff]
[#8000ff]
[/#8000ff]
[#8000ff][inline catcon81518.PNG][/#8000ff]
[signature]
[#0000bf]What a year!!!! We now have a record number of contestants above 90 points, in fact this year is double our previous high number.... We have a new third place holder, that bumped off sharksugar, who just added another 30"er to his tally.... But bottomwatcher has been lurking there in the shadows waiting to make his move to the top and now we'll see if the iceman and ahi can hold him off... What a year, this is incredible what you guys are accomplishing this year... this is fun to watch... Enough BS... here's the charts... J[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]
[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][inline catcon82118.PNG][/#0000bf]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Finally got a new bump so I can do an update....Thanks Catchinon... Things are slowing down and it's getting tough to find bigger cats in the dog days of summer... But the fall feed will be starting soon, so good luck everyone and hope you find your next bump soon... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon82918.PNG][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You're welcome, Jeff--anything I can do to help[bobWink]. Now I need a 27 to get me to my goal of 80 points and a 29 to put in the top 10 to help out the team.
[signature]

Good luck on the goal, I'll bet you can do it. Good luck. J
[signature]
[#0000ff]So here's an update... couple new fish to add... can't remember when I last updated, but Ahi tied the top fish at 32.5" made a new highest score for our five years of contest... now at 96.5 points.... Couple other bumps, but the team scores are still north in the lead.... Here's the new chart... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon9418.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000bf]Wooo Hooo update time, got the first fish in close to a month... so I'm going to update the chart so you're up to date.... kind of surprised the team score is actually pretty close, both averaging over 30"... Been a great year so far... Just as a heads up, last day to catch the fish is October 15th... for this years contest... Later J[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]
[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][inline catcon91818.PNG][/#0000bf]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Hey another day another fish.... New update below, plus got curious to see what the long term year after year average scores are... Now for those that joined later on, this doesn't reflect a very accurate average score, but for the long time five years of contests guys, this is fun to look at.... anyway see what ya think.... I did do a best 3 year average ranking too... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon91918.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Okay here is the five year leader board.

[inline catcon919b18.PNG]
[signature]
Here's the best 3 years average score...

[inline catcon919a18.PNG]
[signature]