It's a start!

[#00bf00]Nice start Jim, good for 23 points... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Good start. Heading that way in the morning
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks and good luck to you! I'll look forward to your report.
[signature]
how does a guy get registered to this contest?
[signature]
Hi fastA4,

Follow this link: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=1034668;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=1034668;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]

and click "reply" on the top message, the one to SkunkedAgain, tell him you want to join and if you will be on the north team or south team.

Good Luck!

Pisco
[signature]
Utah Lake

3/23/208

29 inches

[#00bf00]Nice job Jim best fish out of Utah Lake this year and almost better than any last year... Good for 29 points... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
nice one Piscophilic.
how did you get that fish to lay down its pectoral fin so that you could get a nice side picture. My fish all want to stick it out so that they don't really fit on bump board.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Thanks Ahi,

I have a long way to go if I'm going to catch you!

I got tired of the same problem, so I made the bump board with a "slit" in it so the fins have a place to go.

This board was originally started to be foldable to take up less space and as I was laying out the hinge locations I realized I could make a place for those pesky fins to go. Also, once the cat contest starts, I mount it on a couple of plywood pieces that make sit on the bottom of the boat in an upward facing "V".

If you look close at the picture you can see the slit and the plywood pieces in the middle.

Since the board is PVC, you know that the original design came form TubeDude! I'm attaching one of his pictures as well.
[signature]
Utah Lake

4 21 2018

27" and 27.5"

[#00bf00]Great job, good for 27 and 27.5 points... Way to put up some great fish.... Later J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Utah Lake

5 28 2018

28"

Finally found a bump fish. Shadows were hard to avoid, I have other pics if you need them.

[#00bf00][/#00bf00][#00bf00]Nice fish Jim good for 28 points and a great solid mark... [/#00bf00]
[signature]
Utah Lake

7 28 2018

28.5"

[#00BF00]Nice job Jim good for 28.5 points... will update on chart later... J[/#00BF00]
[signature]
Nice! Every half inch helps. And that put us at an even 300, right? Goooooooo, SOUTH!
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks! I saw ice_sled out there this morning. Maybe he got his 3rd fish over 30"?
[signature]
No 30 inchers today. Did not fish very long. The wind kept changing directions and it was hard to get a good drift. I rarely anchor. The gusts were also making me a little uncomfortable. The "Puddle Jumper" doesn't do well in the wind. So I give it up to fish another day. No skunk. Caught 4 cookie cutters.
[signature]
Hey Jeff,

I built in a light for measuring fish at night. Finally got to use it. Now if I can just figure out how to keep everything right side up[Wink]

Utah Lake 9-1-2018

28.5"

[#00bf00]Nice job Jim, looks like the light works great... Good for 28.5 points almost 29... That's a good looking cat, are you sure it was from UL??? Looks like a Cutler cat... jk[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Nice Cat, and the light works quite well. If I stand on my head at my computer desk I can see it just fine [Wink]

Helpful hint maybe: preview your post before you hit the final Post Reply clicker thingy.......if it is bass ackwards, you should be able to rotate it.
[signature]

Cool
Thanks TC! That is ironic, I didn't realize the picture had rotated when I posted it. I was refering to the fish, the numbers on the yardstick and my logo. No matter how you rotate the picture, something is going to be upside down[Tongue]
[signature]
Is that an affect of the UL Toxic Algae Bloom............[laugh]
[signature]

Cool