Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wake up! Wake up!
[#0000FF]Hey fellow (and gal) floaters, spring is smack spang nigh upon us. Time to dunk our rides and stretch our string again.

I have been tweaking my PVC setup and making lots of new lures and stuff. I'm ready to rumble.

Anybody got any new stuff to show off...or any great plans or dreams for this year?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks for waking up the board! I'm just itching to get out there again. Was going to take the Renegade out Thursday or Friday, but the forecast calls for heavy rains here in Northern California. I always head to the Eastern Sierra in early May. Some pontoon fishing, and some hiking to alpine lakes. Can't wait. Hope others can get out soon.
[signature]
My plans include some Idaho waters this year.

BTW I am selling my Dave Scadden Mike Andreason Model because I got a Zoo Cougar and don't need/use both. $800 If anyone is interested.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Used to do some fine work along hwy 395 myself in my younger years. Sure do miss Crowley when it was on. Bridgeport too.

Spent a lot of time packing in out of Lone Pine and Independence. Had some good golden trout ponds up there. Never did pack a tube in that area but often wish I had. I did take a tube up into the Desolation Valley lakes, behind Tahoe, when I lived in Sacramento. Awesome stuff.

I have already had a couple of tubing trips here in Utah this year but I woke up before the fish did. Might get out tomorrow for a try for some early walleye. I got no pride though. Tugs is tugs and I love 'em all.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#0000FF]What Idaho lakes are you targeting...besides Henrys?

Idaho is my home state and I really wish I could get back up and spend more time there.

Had a good September trip a couple of years ago fishing Mackay Reservoir, Magic and Salmon Falls Creek. All good. Got seven species one day on Salmon Falls Creek.

Have you ever hit the small lakes around Preston? Some good trout but also some bass, crappies, perch and bluegills. And they all eat flies.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Those kind of memories will stay with you forever. I have a golden trout lake that I hike to, but I'm pretty sure it will be snowed in in early May. I'll probably put the Renegade on Upper Twin Lake and Lundy Lake. I'll hike a couple of times into a cutthroat lake that I really lake. And I may do some stream fishing in Robinson Creek. Bridgeport Lake is always a possibility. Just feel fortunate that I can get out and enjoy this hobby/passion.
[signature]