5-9-18
Cutler
28" channel

[#0000ff]I really like your third pic. Good looking cat![/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#ff0000]Channel catfish - 28[/#ff0000]
[signature]

[#00bf00]Thanks, it was a great fighter... Not as pretty of coloration as some have been, it was a bit washed out and it was a little skinnier than the females, but those big heads on the males are impressive... fun fish.. Thanks for scoring it.. J[/#00bf00]
Jeff—. Are you neglecting your farming?? Ease up a bit man you and Ahi are killing us.[Sad]

Very nice cat. I’m guessing you are not far away from a 30+ cat. Well done!
[signature]
Thanks Lynn,
Yeah I'm neglecting my grain spraying and I should cut hay soon, but once it starts I'm in trouble till October. Kind of scrambling now to do what I can.

I sure hope I can find a 30 this year. Been five years trying and still haven't done it but hopefully this will be my year. I'm really surprised this year to find some better fish and not very many others. Wonder if the big baits are making it so only bigger fish bite? But last night I got a 19 & 21" fish so that doesn't seem to be the case. But I'm still only catching a couple a trip at best. It's ok with me, I just don't understand it. Thanks for the well wishes and ya know as soon as I ease up you'll fly right past me. I've seen what you can do and know what's coming. I think Ahi needs to be watching you not me. You're far more capable of giving him a challenge. Sure makes this fun though doesn't it? Good luck my friend. Later J
[signature]
5-24-18
Cutler
29"

[#0000ff]Nice![/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#ff0000]Channel catfish - 29[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Nice fish! I might have to try Cutler for kitties. I'm just in garland.
[signature]
I've had six trips in a row with only a couple mudcats or being skunked. Finally got one tonight it hasn't been easy or fast by any means. I was ready to quit after my skunkin last night. Glad I didn't. Later J
[signature]
nice one Jeff . I tried a night trip on the river from sunset to 2:30 am nothing down this way.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Nice cat Jeff. You are putting the hurt on us Southern boys! Going out this afternoon and let recreational boaters have the rest of the weekend. Hopefully there is a biggun waiting on me.
[signature]
I'm not sure why but I keep trying to stay late hoping to find something and I typically don't catch anything after 9:00 PM it's too bad because that's the time of day I could stay and fish, but all I've been getting is skeeter bites. But then again I haven't been catching much of anything lately. I'm wondering if that comment about the spawn being on might be true and maybe that's why it's been such tough Cattin lately. The fish I caught wasn't big bellied like they were either so maybe that's what has been going on. Sure hard to find fish like you do John. I still haven't found one as big as the ones you keep culling from your list. In fact if you kept the last 3 you culled I'd still be a couple inches behind that score. You are catching some amazing fish this year like you usually do. I keep trying but I just can't catch the master. Was fun to catch this fish though, it really pulled and stayed to the bottom like a rock followed by blistering runs it was a champion fight and I really thought I had my first 30 until I measured it. So I put it back to grow up for next year. Doesn't seem to be as many fish this year, but they seem to be nice quality though. Well sorry for the run on. Catch ya later Jeff
[signature]
Boy good luck today!!! Seems like if this was a numbers contest you guys would be blowing us away. Hope you find some quality in your basket today. I'm just lucky the few fish I'm finding have had a little size. I have been hearing about a couple 30's coming out of Utah Lake lately, but I guess they aren't contest folks that caught them. Hope you can find some good ones today. Good luck. J
[signature]
That's a good one. Sounds like it defended itself pretty well too. I'm glad you found another one to measure. Sounds like I better get back to work[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks it had been a long time since I had one that bumped my score. Probably be even longer till the next bump... Hope there will be a next bump..... Good luck to you, seems the fish over 28 are fairly absent down your way this year... As much as everyone is fishing down there, I really expect to see ya start posting those fish... Maybe this weekend? Best of luck to ya... hope ya have fun too... Later J
[signature]