Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 dollar planer boards at cabelas
i was browsing the interweb the other day and a sale price for cabelas brand planer boards popped up. 9.88 for a 28 dollar board these are the ones that are like the offshore brand. that is a very cheap price and i don't know why they are offering it .but there it is

https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categ..._view=list
[signature]
Terrible reviews. Apparently they break easy. That's probably why, they might be coming out with a redesigned version.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I wouldn't have a set of planer boards that attach to my fishing line if they were free. But that's just me. [Smile][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
i have big boards that i made that i like to use but a lot of guys would like to try planer board fishing at willard and other lakes with out investing in 40 dollar a piece offshore's or making their own big boards . this post wasn't meant for people like you but for people who want to try new stuff with out spending a lot.
[signature]
i know they are cheap boards ,but at 25% of cost of offshore's it's a great way to try something new
[signature]
[quote dubob][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I wouldn't have a set of planer boards that attach to my fishing line if they were free. But that's just me. [Smile][/#800000][/font][/quote]

I guess we are all different because I wouldn't own a set of those big side planner boards that use a Mast, even if they were free, too big and in the way, I much prefer those smaller Church brand boards that attach to my line. Easy to use, easy to store and not to bad to pull in but mtncat1 makes a good point, for something a lot cheaper, for someone just getting started, this is a great option.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Come on Curt - just admit it. You're just too cheap to buy the mast.[/#][/font]
[Image: qbEWT5J.jpg]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I was really excited to see them myself but then I read the revieews. Almost everyone said the clips or something would break the first time or second time they hit the water. It was literally almost every review it seemed like. It was enough to bum me out as I have been looking for the best deal on planer boards. Mills Fleet Farm has off shore tackle brand on sale for $27.99 and then they also have another type that has is interesting called the side winder for 14.95. Just a couple ideas.
[signature]
i've seen these at the store and other than the release clips look different but the boards look the same as offshores . keep in mine with reviews , there is no skill or common sense qualifier for reviewers , i have both types of boards large homemade boards and the offshore type both have there place . i have no interest in the sale of these boards ,i just thought they were a good deal
[signature]
I got these off Ebay last year from dailylimitoutfitter1. they are listed for $29.99 or best offer. I offered $25.50 each and they accepted. They are about 12 inches long and have done ok for me. I use the bottom half of old catfish rods as masts and place in bow rod holders. Most any type of reel attached will wind them in. DI and yard sale stuff. I don't use the flag because I use the curtain rod hanger setup that has been mentioned above so I can put 2 lines out on each planer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Planer-Boar...SwrklVUB3z
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
I really agree with you Curt.

--- Coot ---
[signature]