Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great hunt in South Texas
The wife and I just returned from a fun hunt for her near Freer Texas on Ty Detmer's T-14 Ranch. She hunted axis deer and blackbuck. Ty and his oldest daughter Kaili run the hunts and do the guiding. They were simply great and kept us occupied the whole day from hunting in the mornings and then checking snare traps and touring the ranch until the evening hunt. We really felt that we had made some close friends. We are hoping to do a spring Oryx hunt there next spring and attending the big rattlesnake round up they have in April.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing Pete and congrats to Brenda. Awesome memories!
[signature]
That's really cool.

What do they want for a black buck hunt?
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Probably the best outfitter hunt we have ever been on, snake is getting stretched and put on a plaque and both bucks will go together on a pedestal mount, no more room left on the walls. [cool] You and your Family have a Happy Easter.
[signature]
$2500, and they have one rate, no matter how long the horns are. the only thing that they charge for the size of the rack increasing is of course the white tail bucks, bigger they are, more $$$$$$. [cool]
[signature]
We cooked up the rattler today on the grill along with some ribs and pretty much everyone tried some and all agreed that it actually tasted pretty good, we didn't have any left. I guess we will have to try and kill a few more of them if we can next year.[cool][cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the answer.

I had some snake long ago and really like it too.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Looks like a great trip except for the snakes. I don't like snakes in any shape or form.
[signature]
There are a few around especially this time of the year when it got up to 90 for a couple days. I had snake boots but I only wore them one time when we were looking in the brush for Brenda's Black Buck. They add a little extra excitement to the hunt, they also have scorpions and tarantulas. [cool]
[signature]