Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Catfish Challenge ice_sled
Lincoln Beach 7/26/18. 31.5” The South is rising again!

[#008000]Very nice Mr. Ice.... Way to go Ben good for 31.5 points and tied for first place.... Congrats... J[/#008000]
[signature]
Glad to see losing your boat hasn't kept you from bagging a big one. Wait, what am I saying............? Hate to see anyone lose their boat like you did, but thought it would keep you off the water awhile.........[:/] Oh, well...........nice Cat [fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
very nice Ice. Looks like we are tied. Still a lot of time until October. you may take the lead yet I cant find anything over 31 up here in our waters. we still have paddingkittys and Jeff not to far behind,
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Thanks John. I am thinking like Lynn that you will bust A mid thirties fish before the end of the contest. I am going to take a break for a while. Going to Texas next week an try my luck on Blue cats. My daughter in West Virginia caught a 60# Blue a few weeks ago. She has been cat fishing all her life. My personal best was a forty pound Flathead. She blew that record out of the water! Good luck. Tight Lines.
[signature]
Safe trip and good luck in Texas. Saw a show on TV awhile back, a Catfish Noodling Contest. Was on a lake they wouldn't identify. Supposedly the only one in Texas where hand fishing for Cats is legal.
Going anywhere near Lake Waco or the Brazos river?
[signature]

Cool
Going to be fishing Lake Calaveras. South of SanAntinio. There are Blue Cats and some large Redfish. My daughter says the temperature and humidity are unbearable there. But guess I’ll find out when I get there. I was down there in July-Aug. 1972 for basic training in the Air Force and it was pretty bad.
[signature]
have fun and good luck down there. Wish we had Flatheads and blues
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I think anything you catch down south there should count in the contest, don't you? [sly]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Too far south Craig! Hopefully we can rally the troops and have an eventful year. Watch out though. Those Northern boys are kind of sneaky. The Bear River does straddle the border with Idaho.[Wink]
[signature]
Cool [Wink] south east of San Antonio, just off of hwy 181.

I was in basic training at Lackland Jun-Aug 1973. Was a HOT 6 weeks [frown]

Have a good trip, good luck with the Blue Cats
[signature]

Cool
Provo Boat Harbor, 30.5”, 10/09/18
[#00bf00]Way to go Ice, good for 30.5 points taking your score to 94.5 points only 2 points behind Ahi... Also brought the team score to within 5.5 points.... Nice job!!! [/#00bf00]
[signature]
looks like that new boat works pretty good.[Wink]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Pretty fish, Ben. I knew you could do it. And it's good to know we'll have another 31.5"er in the lake next year [Smile].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.