Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Labrador and public lands-not my vote
Remember the discussion regarding trespass laws? This issue is potentially even worse. It is interesting to see an ad supporting Mr. Labrador for Governor of Idaho on this forum. If he has his way, public lands could be transferred to the state or private individuals. If the state were to take possession, the land could still be leased or sold. Either way, we could again lose access to lands we now use for recreation. You can get additional information from this source: http://www.idahowildlife.org/with-d-c-vo...lic-lands/ . A web search for "Raul Labrador and public lands" will reveal that he is not supportive of hunting, fishing, or other recreational priorities. His words say one thing, his votes and bills say another. As governor, Mr. Labrador would sit on the state land board. That would not be a good thing for recreational use of state lands. On this issue alone Mr. Labrador will not get my vote.

Physion
[signature]
In addition to that, I contacted all 3 Governor candidates via their Facebook pages on the trespass law. I asked all of them their position on this and Tommy and Little never responded to me even though I attempted to contact them 3 different times. Labrador's staff responded that he supported private property rights and other issues not even remotely close to the trespass issue. I asked them to clarify their position 3 times and each time, what they gave me was not even close to the issue, except that he supported and backed private property rights of individuals in all that he does. Now what do we do? None of our top candidates will support any of this. Boy, they really have Idahoans backs don't they. I don't know who I will vote for, but, I do know it wont be Labrador for a variety of reasons. And Little will be a continuation if not worse than Otter since Little is a huge land owner and has restricted people from adjacent lands in the past that were open to everyone. This was probably 30 years ago when he was fighting with the Forest Service over his grazing rights for sheep. Flip a coin.
[signature]
I am so disgusted with all of the GOP candidates stance on this issue. They seem hell bent on privatizing public lands which will, inevitably, result in fences and No Trespassing signs.

What's an avid sportsman in Idaho to do? Balukoff??

I don't want this to blow up into a political fight here. That's not my point here. But we outdoors lovers need to be more educated.
[signature]
It's time we stop voting for those that are already in office. They keep selling us out time after time.
[signature]
And that goes, generally speaking clear down to the local levels!!
[signature]