Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Skunk
Sunday we tried East Canyon, with no success. 3rd skunk in a row, haven't had a skunk in decades, then 3 in a row, very humbling. But attempted fishing is still good for the soul.

The water temp was 45 degrees, and that might of been the problem, or just not on a bite. Saw no boats with fish on, saw one shore guy land a small one. The normal stuff didn't work. Had one bump, and one hook up lost. Count - 0

Last year was unbelievable, had to put the fishing rods away in order to eat lunch.

There was about 25 boat trailers in the parking.

Just to keep me on my toes, the motor would not shift into forward or reverse. Trolled on the electric, which was good, prefer the big motor to push and the electric to steer. Headed to repair shop, sooo lucky.

The up side, I found a problem before the season, better to get it fixed.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the boat, like you said I guess it’s better now than a month from now!!

I was also up at EC on Sunday. That breeze was a little chilly in the morning but it sure turned out to be a nice day. Took us a little while to find the fish, but when we did they kept us quite busy. Ended up catching 30 rainbows in about 2 1/2 hours. We ran two down riggers at 10 feet down, and two long lines out the back. The long lines outfished the down riggers 2-1.

Hopefully you can get the motor fixed and be back on the water soon.
[signature]
My son and I were up there on Saturday and the boat guys were pulling them in quite regularly. They were getting a lot of small ones. We left the boat home and tried the bank, I kept losing them at the bank but did manage to land some for dinner. Maybe the fish had sore lips and didn't feel like playing on Sunday.
[signature]