Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Lets talk pineview. I know there are some old pinview muskie experts on this page, in fact skeeter used to hold the state record. I can catch the muskies and the smallmouth, the perch arent sizeably worth catching, but the dang crappie have eluded me there for years. I have fished them through the ice, fished them on the open water and just cant get the knack. I even caught a rainbow trout by the pump houses last year. That was wierd. Does anyone know what the ice is doing and how long it will be? Any pineview crappie secrets? Does anyone else think that putting walleye in pinview to help the muskies keep the perch under control is the best idea in the world?<br><br>
crappie move in to the canals just as soon as the Ice comes off the lake you have to be ready to get out there they will be there for only a few days before moving back to deeper waters.<br><br>use 2 number six to a number 4 arberdeen hooks tied about 18 inches apart use a light bobber and a spilt shot or two.<br><br>for bait use a minnow on the bottom and a worm on the top hook or a minnow on both, I prefer the worm and minow combo myself. <br><br>If you dont find them in the canal then they are sitting deep just out side of the canal on the edge of the drop off be ready to fish 20-30 feet deap.<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
I drove up to pineview today and there is tons of open water in the upper ends of the arms. The north arm is open almost all the way down to the private docks. The whole lake has open water around the edges and the ice looks really bad. I think it will be open in a week. There were a couple guys out casting from the shore. The boat dock is open, I drove right down on it, you cant get anywhere but you could launch a boat!<br><br>