Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Flotilla Saturday
There were several BFTers on Willard Saturday. I waved to kentofnsl who reported that they had three aboard. Don't know three of what because just as he yelled that, my rod went bendo. And I lost it. Woulda been my skunk killer. No such luck.

Anywho, the water there is now edging past 52° but there are no crappie in the North Marina yet, nor could I find them staging outside. Didn't put out a whiskerfish rod this time. It was more of a boat tuneup -- I keep telling myself.

Tried a few lures that ought to be wiper killers when the time comes. Nope, I ain't saying.
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]

I waved to kentofnsl who reported that they had three aboard. Don't know three of what because just as he yelled that, my rod went bendo.

[/quote]

We ended up with four all cats. Slower than I expected but I have had much worse outings on Willard. I was grateful to catch my one kitty.
[signature]
Lost the fish, or lost the rod (or both)?
[signature]
Lost the fish. Felt like a crappie. Had three half-hearted bumps all day, and that was all.
[signature]
Forgot to mention that I left at noon, as a fleet of giant jet wake ski board monsters were launching. Yup, they're out already.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Rocky, sounds like it's starting to stir a little... Hopefully it will be fully awake and rolling by cinco de mayo... (flotilla)...

I tried to get my boat out and on the water Saturday, but Sadly my batteries are fading and I may have to pick up a new one or two for the season...

Well I hope the crappie get there for you soon... This storm over night probably set them back a little again, but by the end of the week I'll bet you'll be in the fish if the forecast holds.. Good luck.. J
[signature]
Wish I could of made it but I was coming home from Sand hollow. Hopefully we get another one put together soon Smile
[signature]
This wasn't a planned getogether, FFL. Just a few of us that happened to be there on the same morning. The official with actual planning event is May 5 at the Eagle Beach pavilion. There's a separate sign-up thread.
[signature]