Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee
Any of you big fish tackle junkies been over too brownlee lately? Just curious on the water level and if you are able too launch a boat at spring creek launch. I figure the concrete ramp is out of the water, just curious if you can still launch on the gravel side launch? Thanks,
Matt
[signature]
I have not been but got reports that water is low but filling up. No idea about the dock status.
[signature]
I have not been in several weeks now, but last I heard it was 57 feet (or was it 47 feet?) from full. Either way, only boat ramps available would have been the old ramp and woodhead and one other (mine something something?). I'm sure there is a website you can look up.
[signature]
Hey Matt,

According to this site: https://idastream.idahopower.com/Data/Dashboard/12

Moonshine mine is the only one usable. But I'm sure that the old one at woodhead would be usable too.
[signature]
Back from Woodhead on 23rd, fishing was tough for us, but all crappie we caught were over 12 inches, bass was even slow, old ramp was usable. Fish cleaning station really did not have a lot to show, a few big crappie and bunch of bass, just not a lot. Checked it every night, was their 5 days.
[signature]
Made it to Brownlee yesterday. Water is still low, but rising. We launched at Woodhead, fished the northern end with little success, then headed south. Fishing was sporadic for crappie, but we did find groups of fish that you were able to pull decent numbers out of. Big schools suspended at the mouths of coves in 30-40 feet, with smaller more active schools suspended at 15 feet. Seems like fish are just now staging to move in and spawn. All of the fish we caught were caught on rock structure that bordered gravel shoreline. Cast towards the shore, let sink and retrieve slowly. Very light bite. We kept around 40, not one was less than 11 inches, with the bulk of them being 12.5, and a few 13-14 inch fish thrown in.

I know there has been a decrease in the number of reports and the detail on here and other places (Facebook), but I’m sort of scratching my head as to why. Growing up Brownlee and Owyhee were far more crowded than anytime in the last ten years when reports on social media and the like have taken off. I understand trying to keep things quiet, but large SW Idaho reservoirs have been popular for decades, and even if you share a report, those who go out still have to make an effort to find fish that are willing to bite. Anyway, hope this report serves someone well! Good luck. Also, water is pretty stained, chartreuse colored jigs outperformed others tenfold.
[signature]
Thank you for your report ..
[signature]
Nice detailed report, thanks for sharing it with us. Good to hear there are still plenty of good sized crappie in there. Do you think the lower water level has affected the fishing much?
[signature]
The water level fluctuates every year and ruins the success of the spawn of many species. Sometimes the eggs are high n dry and other years they are way deep. Our clubs have taken a few years off due to the lack of 2 to 3 lb bass. Fish and game says they all went up river where the water level stays more constant, but that’s a long run in a boat from wood head.
[signature]
Yes that is a long run..... 35-38 miles 1 way? If I remember right I did it for a Carp tournament, we launched at Farewell Bend and I ran all the way just past the Powder arm and it was around 74 miles total, 26 gallons worth of ethanol fuel, was not a cheap trip.... LOL,
Matt
[signature]
I'll be up at Woodhead from the 14-23, will be staying in C-13. I'll try to put some reports up when I'm there. Swing by for a cold one if anyone is up there. I'll have the black Team Quill Lund.[fishon]
[signature]
my buddie and my brother and i will be staying at mcormick from the 14th to the 24 at t-8 may stop and say hi
[signature]
I haven’t been out since my last post. With the water levels up has the fishing suffered? Would like to get out, and may just go for it, but weighing CJ, Cascade, or Brownlee.
[signature]
Was very poor for me last weekend.
[signature]
I was there on both Sat. and Sun., for a bowfishing tournament. Shot 52 on Sat. and 98 on Sun. I thought the bowfishing was superb [Wink]
Matt
[signature]
We were there 2 weeks ago. After crappie.
If you go to the Idaho Power website/hit recreation button they will give you the water elevation AND the water temps. So as of yesterday the elevation was 2069'. Full pool is 2077'.
Hope this helps.
[signature]
Thanks all for the info. Didn’t end up with the time to get out, but Will post a report when I do.
[signature]