[center]Fish Moving to Sea of Cortez Side?[/center]
[center]Bottom Fishing: Snapper and Sheepheads!![/center]
[center]Tuna Closer, but Rough Ride Due to Wind![/center]
[center]Inshore Action: Grouper, Roosters & Sierra![/center]
[center]Sierras From Light House to Ranch Migrino! [/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]2 Fish Recipes Inside![/center]
[center]JC, Admitts to being a Little Wacko?[/center]
[center]Chris Shouted: JC, Hes a Little Weird but he Takes Care of His Clients![/center]
[center]Fish Report Boy says: JC, I don’t Like the Buffoon, but he does Watch Over his Clients!![/center]
[center]HymieB says: JC, I Must Admitt Watches Out for His Clients ![/center]
[center]Darrel says: JC, Well, I Heard the Guy Beat up a Dwarf in the Market for Giving Him Some Lip, But He Does Watch Out for His Fishing Clients ![/center]
[center]The Brits says: JC, We Don’t Care for the Old Bloke of Horse Manure, But Hes Well Known in Brition as a World Class Marlin Guru and Always Makes Sure His Clients Get the Best Possible Fishing Experience, Ask the Queen About JC?, She Knows Him, JC Supposedly asked Her Out for some “Bangers and Mash”, and When She Rejected Him, He got His Knickers in and Uproar and He Dropped Kicked the Lady and Put Her in an Awful Waffle Figure Four Hold, They Kicked Him out of the UK After That Incident![/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]
HEADLINES: April 22, 2018:
JC, Shouted: Hey Kids, Gather around: I have a few RAP lyrics I wrote and like to share it, kinda goes like this?

Im Jc, its an impossible life, my friends think im a marlin guru, but im actually Barney Fife, the marlin are always scared when they see JC, but they really know that hes really Aunt Bee, I love the fight of a Marlin on my pole, but in Arkansa we call a puddle of water a fishing hole, Im writer, Im a poet and you all know it, Im an Alaskan born and bread, and I ended up in Cabo on a dogs sled, I love my life in Cabo and its been kinda like a gambler, the towns people voted me Marlin man, and gave me a 64 Rambler, I talk tough and love to fight, but im old five foot four in my leather tights, Chris is my best friend and kinda of a pest, not many people like him , nor do they like Kanya West,

Fishreportboy shouted: “WELL THANKS JC I THINK WE HAVE HEARD ENOUGH THIS WEEK”
We do have a fish report to write and I think everyone can wait till next week to see the rest of this, so called song or RAP lyrics you hve come up with.
Fishreportboy says: “I m not sure if we will print this trash or not”?

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: Well, right now the weather is pretty good with sunny days and breezy evenings. We have had some very nice weather over the past week. I was out last night and we had some pretty strong north winds that were pretty cool, looks as if they were coming off the Pacific. I think in the afternoons if your fishing on the pacific side expect some rough rides as it has been blowing pretty good in the afternoons. Really as far as temperatures its been really warm in the day time with mostly sunny days and cooler evenings.

WATER: Pretty much the same as last week as far as the water temps go.The water right outside Cabo Harbor is right around 72 to 74 degrees and actually pretty nice. Pacific side up and around the Finger Baja where it was dipping down to 69 degrees is still cold up there and it is like night and day compared to the Pacific side and the Cortez side.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. [url "http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb"]http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb[/url]

BILLFISH:The Malin fishing has been decent over this past week with a few Marlin being landed. The 1150 seems to be the hot spot with most fish being landed in this area of our fishing grounds. Our own Bob Marlin had 2 Marlin and our boat Bite Me also was hot landing 2 Marlin for the week. There was one day in which we hooked 3 Marlin and landed 1 of them. The fish seem to be biting live bait, lures and ballyhoo.

DORADO: A few more fish starting to show up this week with most being in pairs and no major schools to mention in the area. It hasn’t quite kicked in but it is getting better, sooner or later! There are a few being caught, but it isn’t like it's off the hook, but we are optimistic over this next week for things to pick up.

SWORDFISH: Havent heard of any caught this week.

WAHOO: Fishing for Wahoo has been very good all week. We have been using planer boards, Mararuders and Rapalas and we did land 8 fish from 2 of our boats, some pretty good action.

TUNA: The bite for Tuna hasn’t been any thing to brag about over the last week, t seems most fish being caught are very small and you have to be lucky to even find them. The guys who are finding them are using cedar plugs and king busters.

INSHORE: Some Groupers and Snappers being landed using cut bait and fishing close to shore. The Rooster fishing has been going off up and around the Light Hose on the pacific. Lots of 20lb to 40lb fish being landed close to the beach due to the fact that the wind was pushing the bait up against the beach and the Roosters were having a field day on the beach. Pangas are having a pretty rough ride this week on the pacific side, but for the hardcore fisherman they love that stuff. So if your into getting wet and sloppy in a Panga head on out cause the action is good inshore. Also, some guys have been catching Skip Jack and Jack Crevail close to shore.

[center]From The Admirals Kitchen![/center]
[center]JC,s Fish Tostadas Recipe!![/center]
Mexican Fish Tostada Recipe
· Yield: Serves 4-6
This recipe details how to fry up corn tortillas to make the tostada shells. If you are using packaged shells, before serving them, spread them out on a baking sheet, or directly on oven racks, and heat them at 350°F for 4-5 minutes, or until you can smell the aroma of them cooking. Don't keep them in the oven too long, or they will get burnt. Just heat them enough to lightly toast them.
Ingredients
· Grape seed oil, canola, or other [url "http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/CollectedInfo/OilSmokePoints.htm"]high smoke-point cooking oil[/url]
· 12 corn tortillas
· Salt
· Refried beans (2 15-ounce cans, or you can [url "http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/refried_beans/"]make your own refried beans[/url])
· 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, sliced thin and seasoned with salt and vinegar (no oil)
· 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
· 1-2 chopped [url "http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_cut_and_peel_an_avocado/"]peeled and pitted avocados[/url] or guacamole
· 8 ounces grated Monterrey Jack, Cheddar, or crumbled queso fresco and/or cotija cheese
· 1 cup of [url "http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/salsa/"]Salsa[/url] or 1/2 cup sliced [url "http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pickled_jalapenos_escabeche/"]pickled jalapeños[/url]
· A handful of chopped fresh cilantro
Method
1 Heat refried beans in a frying pan, until warm. If you are using regular canned beans, drain them, then add them to the pan with a little water, mash them as you heat them. For extra flavor for the beans you can stir in a tablespoon of bacon fat to them and/or a big slice of cheddar cheese. Keep the beans on warm while you prepare the tortillas, adding water to them as necessary to keep a creamy consistency
2 Optional pre-frying step: to help the tortillas fry up better, dry them in the oven by laying them out on an oven rack and cooking them at 250°F for 10 minutes or so. Pour enough oil into a frying pan so that you have a quarter inch layer of oil. Heat the oil on medium high heat until sizzling hot, but not smoking. One at a time, fry the tortillas in the oil. Bubbles should form in the tortilla immediately as you put the tortilla in the oil, otherwise the oil is not hot enough. Fry until golden brown on both sides, cooking about 30 seconds to a minute per side. Use metal tongs or a spatula to push the tortilla down in the oil, and to turn and lift the tortilla out of the pan, draining the excess oil as you do so. (The tortilla should be fairly stiff and crisp. If not, the oil is not hot enough.) Place the tortilla on a paper towel-lined plate, to absorb the excess oil. Sprinkle with a little salt. Put the cooked tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet and place in a 250°F oven to keep warm.
Add more oil to the pan as needed, taking care that the oil heats sufficiently before adding a tortilla to the pan.
3 To serve, place toppings in separate bowls, with a larger serving dish for the beans. Bring out the tostada shells in batches, keeping those unused warm in the oven. To prepare one's tostada, spread a large spoonful of mashed beans over a tostada shell. Sprinkle on cheese and other toppings (sliced lettuce, avocados, salsa, etc.) Don't load the tostada too much or you'll find it difficult to eat. Eat by picking up the tostada with both hands (like a pizza slice).

[center]JC,s Tangy Green Ceviche![/center]
What could be cooler, literally, than this tangy, refreshing ceviche from Vicente Del Río, owner and chef of JC,s Mexican Cuisine.
It's totally green, meaning no red tomatoes, only a couple of tomatillos.
JC,s CEVICHE VERDE
Green Ceviche
1 pound fish you like
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Salt
Black pepper
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1/3 small onion, diced
2 small tomatillos, husks removed, cut in halves
1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
1 serrano chile, stemmed, seeded and chopped
1/3 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crumbled
Tostada bases or chips

Dice the halibut and place in a bowl. Stir in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
To make the salsa, combine the garlic, half of the diced onion, the 2 tomatillos, the avocado, cilantro, parsley and serrano chile in a blender and blend until finely ground.
Drain the halibut and place in a serving bowl. Add the salsa, the remaining onion, the cucumber, olive oil and oregano. Mix well. Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Spoon onto tostada bases or accompany with tostada chips.
Makes 6 servings.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. [url "http://www.jcsportfishing.com"]http://www.jcsportfishing.com[/url] [url "http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ"]http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ[/url]

[signature]