Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho checking station
I am glad that Idaho is trying to keep the mussels out but I am dumbfounded to why they do not open until most of the boats have passed through. If they want such strict rules they need to be putting more of an effort into what they are trying to accomplish. I drive by there every morning around 6am and pass at least 6 boats headed into Idaho. Not one person at the checking station.
[signature]
AmberC,

I actually work for the Idaho State Department of Agriculture (ISDA), which is who runs the invasive species program. I will pass on your comments to the folks in charge - thank you for the heads up!

See http://invasivespecies.idaho.gov/

At the website above, there is a lot more information on the program and a Contact page as well.

Brian
[signature]
We just returned from Vegas and every boat that comes into Utah is checked at the point of entry because many snowbird's are returning north and have been exposed to mussels - not sure why the Idaho station's aren't being manned Sad
[signature]
The Idaho check stations are open and as with UT are stopping all vessels coming into the State of Idaho. Idaho has even expanded the number of stations to prevent the spread the zebra and quagga mussels from coming in. The western states are even corroborating with each other to stop the mussels.

Keep em flying high
Jay
[signature]
I don't think the boat check station on Malad pass is open at night .
[signature]