Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's lake
The ice is going off very early this year . What is this going to do to opening weekend ?
[signature]
[quote curt69]The ice is going off very early this year . What does this going to do to opening weekend ?[/quote]

Move the fish away from the snaggers I hope!
[signature]
I hope you are right . That's what I am hoping.
[signature]
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...5864043959
This picture was taken at the hatchery yesterday.
[signature]
So what exactly is a "snagger"?
[signature]
[quote mjanssen]So what exactly is a "snagger"?[/quote]

Someone casting a wobbler with large treble hooks and then ripping it back in short bursts hoping to snag the shore bound fish in the side.
[signature]
Thank you for the information. Should be something needing reported, and that F&G are watching out for.
[signature]
[quote mjanssen]Thank you for the information. Should be something needing reported, and that F&G are watching out for.[/quote]

They know about it but it's tough to prove intent unless someone has a fish with holes in the side of it. It happens every year with a late ice off.
[signature]
Yes it does, and is very Hard
to watch. It is a zoo at the State boat dock . They are ripping lures through the water while people are trying to launch and load there boats .I wish they would post a game wardon there for the 3 days of Memorial Weekend
[signature]
Ice is completely gone on Henry's. Very early .
[signature]
Is that water level lower than usual?
[signature]
The lake is 96 percent full .
[signature]
Ok , this is what I found out . Alge bloom . Depends on the year . Last year no effect because lake stayed full . If the lake gets low and the water temp. Gets high it takes the oxygen out of the lake .
The gill net survey was bad this year . 4.3 trout per net . They were hoping for 11 trout per net . The first night of netting they caught 568 chubs.
Ice fishing has no effect on fish population and will remain the same January 1. And they are considering leaving it open after January 1 for catch and release. I asked about using bait during the catch and release season she said yes . Hope this helps. I have her business card , I will take a picture and get it to you when I can . This is some of the information I learned at the meet and greet with the new biologist at Henry's Lake .I asked Jen to watch the snaggers at State Park . She said she would . All this information came at the meet and greet for the new biologist at Henry's Lake . Damon Keen retired .
[signature]
Thanks Curt! I appreciate the report and all the input!
[signature]
Anyone do any good up at Henrys? Ive heard mostly bad reports.[Sad] Im heading up this weekend. Hopefully we can get a few trolling!
[signature]
Reports are not good . But the ones being caught are big .
[signature]