Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Catfish Contest Gaardvark
Caught from Cutler Marsh
Both on carp meat
First fish measured at 18.5, though looking at the photo now it might have stretched another half inch if I had a third hand.
Second fish I couldn't quite hit 24 regardless of the number of hands.

18.5"
23.5"

Neither will make the leaderboard at this point but they are my first and biggest on the year. Now I have something to beat.

[#00bf00]Nice job!!! Glad you got out and got a couple on the charts... You tied for one of the top ten... So in a way you got onto the leader board..... 18.5 and 23.5 points..[/#00bf00]
[signature]
I was fortunate to catch a cat at the Willard Flotilla.
Measured against a tape on the deck of the boat I was riding. The tape was not pre-approved, but the fish is being recorded only for my own count, not a contest winner. Still, it is my third on the year and beats one of the previous 2.

Both pictures show it at almost 21 inches, but my son was holding it and got the nose just below the zero mark. I'm calling it 21, but could accept 20.5 if that is how you see it. Channel cat, caught on sucker meat at Willard Bay.

Edit: Now with added photo goodness

[#00bf00]I'm seeing 21 nice job, filled your bracket, now it's bump time... Have fun!!! J
[/#00bf00]
[signature]
It's a good day when I can bump up 2 of my 3 fish.
[Smile]
Caught at Cutler on carp meat in among a crowd of busy carp. Thought there might be a cat looking for eggs, and sure enough, there were several snooping around.

Fish 1
27 inches

Fish 2
22 inches

Fish 3
22 inches

I know only one of the 22 inchers will increase my score, but I'm posting them both anyway to be sure one of them is clear.

[#00bf00]Nice outing good for 22 and 27 points... That will bump ya up a ways.. nice job... Oh bumped up the team score as well... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Went out before work today, got a small bump to my own score, but nothing to affect the team.

Didn't have the right logo with name and year, but I did have a BFT sticker, so I included it. This is for my benefit rather than the team as a whole, so I'm submitting it.

23 inches out of Cutler
Caught on a piece of carp.

[#00bf00]Man you are trying to make me work hard... Doing math and all... 35-12= yup good for 23... Later J[/#00bf00]
[signature]