Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Perch Tournament
Good morning,

I am organizing an open water perch tournament at Cascade Lake this summer (boat anglers only, sorry). Saturday July 21, 2018 to be exact. The goal is to raise money for juvenile type 1 diabetes research, more specifically for JDRF - the global leader in juvenile T1D research. My daughter Holly, now 6 years old, was diagnosed last fall. I've seen first hand how this awful disease affects the lives of the kids who wake up everyday fighting it. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that is not caused by lifestyle. Basically, their little pancreas just stops working and we don't know why. Here's a link to what they do:

[url "http://www.jdrf.org/"]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]

Holly and I wanted to do something to give back. How? By doing what we love - fishing. The tournament is called "Holly's Dream" and will be an annual event from here on out.

The tournament will be team style (2-3 person), $100 team entry fee. Weigh your best 10 perch. $20 optional big fish 50/50 pot in addition. Excellent purse, tons of prizes including 3 fully guided trips (more info coming).

Boat/Livewell inspections will be open at 5:30 am. Shotgun start at 7:30 am, sharp!

Event Sponsors (more coming!) The prizes alone will make this a can't miss event!

Lithia Ford Boise
Sportsman's Warehouse Meridian
Rapala USA
Vexilar
Skeeter Boat Center, Ramsey MN
Pete's Tackle Shop
Backwater Tackle Company
Rogue River Tackle
Jones Sportfishing
Big Wally's Guide Service
Flaming Gorge Charters
Hammer Down River Excursions
St Croix Rods
Clam Outdoors
Ventura Tackle Co
Panfish Pursuers
Skeeter Boats
Striker Ice

More in the works! If you can, please come out and fish the event. I'm begging. We have a lofty goal of raising $5,000 this year. It can only happen with good participation. ALL of the money made will go to JDRF.

If you're interested in becoming a sponsor or volunteer, please feel free to reach out to me.

Andy Fiolka 208-830-9687
[url "mailto:Andrew.Fiolka@yahoo.com"]Andrew.Fiolka@yahoo.com[/url]
[signature]
I would be there in a heartbeat if I could, prior commitment. Good luck with the tourney, I think you should have it the weekend before or July 7 would be even better.... [cool] That way I can be there to help!
Matt
[signature]
It all has to do with the permitting process. It's tough to find weekends up there without some kind of event already going on.

Next year I'm going to look at a May or June date. That said, the bite last July was incredible. Should be a great event.

Thanks Matt.
[signature]
I totally understand the permit stuff, I have to secure 3-4 permits every year for Bowfishing. I suggest the first or second weekend in May or the 2nd or 3rd weekend in June. Good luck Andy, I wish I could make it.
Matt
[signature]