Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Catfish Contest Catrat
5-5-18
Utah lake
Carp for bait
27"

[#00bf00]Nice fish and great story!!! Good for 27 points sorry for the tip over due to contest motives......[/#00bf00]
[signature]
And here is the rest of the story: I claim the catRAT as a grandson. He was fishing in his yak when he tagged the above cat. He laid the cat out on his bump board across the bow of his yak. The fish flopped and the bump board dropped into the water. The RAT made a grab for the bump board and tipped over in his yak... wallet soaked (no money), .357 magnum soaked, phone/camera ruined, bump board retrieved. [laugh][laugh]

Entertainment for the whole family at Sunday get-together.

Better join me in the boat next time.[Wink]

BLK aka Grandpa
[signature]
[Sad] I knew I should have held out giving you that particular story! [Tongue] Oh well.

I couldn't help but hear that first line in Paul Harvey's voice, and that had me chuckling anyway.

As for joining ya in the boat, I know what can happen to the passengers when they start outfishing the captain of your vessel.
I think my chances of "falling out" of your boat might be about equal to my Kayak if I have a big fish on. [Wink]

But seriously first chance I get, I will join ya!
[signature]
Good fish! wetrat oh my bad catrat 💦🐀
[signature]
Wetrat! [laugh][laugh] At the time I felt more like drownedrat! [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Utah Lake, May 17th.

25 inches and 26 1/2 inches.

Catrat

[#00bf00][/#00bf00][#00bf00]Nice job, good for 26.5 and 25 points... Nice climb up the rankings... Later J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
26 inches, Utah Lake, June 3 -- good for a 1/2 inch bump.

[#00bf00]Looks like you guys had a good trip... good for 26 points just short of another half too... nice job. [/#00bf00]
[signature]
Had a good morning out on the water with the posse, the Sheriff, and my good buddy Paddlingkittys.
7-14
27”
Caught on white bass
28.5”
Caught on Carp
Both caught at Utah Lake.
The 27 we were getting glare from my ruler, so we slid an easier to read ruler on top of it to make it easier to read.
The 28.5 is blurry.
If they are too much of a question, I won’t be bothered if they can’t be counted. It just means that I will have to go out and catch some more. Not that I won’t be doing that anyway. [Smile]

[#00bf00]I can see the 28.5 and the 27 points... nice job... that blue one don't work so well, use the other one, or see if you can get the marks to stand out better... nice trip... J
[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Not a bad way to brake in a new kayak. that’s some good cat snagging
[signature]
Finally got one big enough to add to my score.

9-22-18
Utah lake
White bass for bait
28”.

[#00bf00]Nice job, looks like 28 for sure and maybe longer with the kink, but I guess 28 is all I can give you... nice fish... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]