Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treasureton 5/13
Hit Treasureton today while the wife was enjoying a little R&R without me underfoot. A beautiful morning to be on the water. Caught a few bass and two bruiser rainbows 1-22” and 1-24”. Released the trout, kept the bass.
Water temp was 56* when I got there and 60* when I left.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Drove by that lake for the first time the other day, I did not realize there were so many lakes in that area, pretty close together. Is Treasureton one of your favorite in that part of the state, if so, why?
[signature]
I used to fish Treasureton a lot back in the mid-late 90s. It was incredible then. Largemouth bass have kinda taken over in recent years, and the fishing can be pretty hot at times. And as you can see there are still some really nice rainbows.

There are a lot of great fishing opportunities in that neck of the woods, but my favorites are Oneida and one other pond. But that's mostly because I don't spend much time chasing rainbows or largemouth. You can hit some good perch and crappie action too at certain times on certain lakes.
[signature]
I like to fish Treasureton mainly for the bass as it’s easy to fill a cooler for a fish fry there being no size or bag limit. It’s also a good place to bring the grandkids to learn to cast a jig and curly tail, and since it’s barbless hooks only, it’s a lot easier to pull them out of grandpa. The rainbows are limited to 2 over 20” and all the trout I have caught have been fat and sassy. There is a good ramp but not much boat traffic in my experience, so I enjoy getting out there in the kayak.

The other reservoirs in the area have good fishing as well.
[signature]
Sure would be nice to spend a week up there and hit all those lakes. Is the lake very deep?
[signature]
I think the deepest part is around 75’ if my memory is correct.
I went to Condie Res. Saturday with the grandsons casting for bass from shore, kids had a good time with lots of little fellers swimming the shoreline. Condie has some good bass with a 2 bass limit over 20”.
[signature]