[center]Saturday 3 Marlin and 10 Skipjacks![/center]
[center]Tuna Around? Blindstrike Angling Good![/center]
[center]Sierras on Hootchies![/center]
[center]Roosters Around, No Go Pacific to Windy![/center]
[center]2 Swordfish Recipes Inside![/center]
[center]Blue Marlin Information?[/center]
[center]JC says: “I am a Ego Marlin Maniac” ?[/center]
[center]Chris Shouted: JC, Does Have a Big Ego![/center]
[center]Fish Report Boy says: JC, An Ego Marlin Maniac? the Guys a Wimp![/center]
[center]HymieB says: JC,s Ego is Inspiration to us All![/center]
[center]Darrel says: JC, That Bozo, an Ego, LOL![/center]
[center]The Brits says: JC, an Ego, We Call Him the Daffy Duck of America![/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]
HEADLINES: May 13, 2018:
Well, as the writer of this report and hired by JC to promote him? He has declared himself an Ego Marlin Maniacand even says he is going to write a song, create a sandwich and another E book with that title. I went to JC office to confront him about this new self absorbed allegation. So I said: JC I hear you are making wild allegations again? Jc Snapped: Look you lil PanzieIf it wasnt for me, you still would be fishing for Carp in some little farm pond in Missouri!! He went on: I took you from fishing with red worms and salmon eggs to fishing Blue Marlin, and yes, if you ask me if I am a maniac your right I am. You write that stupid report for me and you are questioning me?? I was sitting here writing lyrics to my new song Ego Marlin Maniac Bluesand you interrupted me.
Listen to some of the lyrics:

“JC is my name and I may be lame, I have and ego yes and I am a little pest, my blue marlin are big and fat, and depending on who you talk to JC isn’t a rat, If you know me you know Im a maniac, but just for the record, lets get you back on track, Im a Marlin man and don’t give away my clues but its true JC always has them Blue Marlin blues, I taught Chris a thing a or two, but chris never touches JC, s shoes, Chris is a jerk, a freak and a little boy, and I watche over him like my little toy, I love chris and wish him well, but if he ever messes with my shoes, we will meet in hell, JC is my name and I am a Blue Marlin freak and when I was 55 I did do the streak, people say Im a bit of a gambler, but if you mess with me don’t touch my 64 Rambler”
Get out of my office now and go write that 3rd grade fishing report you write for me!! Oh by the way fish report boy I mite leave you a harmonica solo in my new blues song if your lucky!!!! Fish report boy? You will get yourS JC!!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: Wind finally dying down as I write this report and right now the weather is pretty good with sunny days and breezy evenings. Today the weather is great, but with some afternoon winds on the pacific side and at night its been pretty cool at night. Day time highs in the low 90,s and lows in the 60,s

WATER: Pretty much the same as last week as far as the water temps go.The water right outside Cabo Harbor is right around 72 to 74 degrees and actually pretty nice. Pacific side up and around the Finger Baja where it was dipping down to 69 degrees is still cold up there and it is like night and day compared to the Pacific side and the Cortez side.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. [url "http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb"]http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb[/url]

BILLFISH: Some nice size Striped Marlin tipping the scales at close to 200lbs and that is a good size Striper. Our sport fisher the BoB Marlin landed 6 marlin this past week with plenty of great angling action. Conditons and Marlin fishing has gotton much better this past week and you will probably hook into one if you are here or coming down this coming week. We have had great luck all week with Striped Marlin and the guys have been landing them from Grey Rock all the way out to the 1150. Pitching live bait has been really effective this week, also guys have been landing the Striped Marlin with lures and ballyhoo.

DORADO: Well the Dorado is starting to show up in the area and we should start seeing large numbers of them soon. It hasn’t quite kicked in but it is getting better and you can tell with a little more time it is going to get red hot!! There are a few being caught, but it isn’t like it's off the hook, but we are optimistic over this next week for things to pick up.

SWORDFISH: Its about that time of year when we mite be seeing a few Swordfish is not that common to our waters, but sometimes we do land some here in Los Cabos. They are great to eat and I will have some cool recipes for you.

WAHOO: A good week for the Wahoos, with most fleets reporting some good action for the Whoo,s in the Santa Maria to Grey Rock areas. The captains who were catching fish were using downriggers trolling rapalas and live bait.

TUNA: Not a lot of schools or Porpoise with mostly blind strikes this past week. Most of the Tuna being landed are football size fish and are being caught at the Horseshoe using king busters and cedar plugs A school of Tuna is like 69 miles east of Cabo and a couple of the big yachts went out there and found them and had a great day. The Tuna was running with the Porpoise so once the guys found the Porpoise it was game on for the Tuna, but mostly small ones.

INSHORE: The inshore fishing has been hit and mis with a few Roosters and some small Dorado. Most reports of Rooster were being caught in the surf at El Tule, so that was a nice score for those guys and most were in the 25lb to 30lb range. We like to hear those types of stories. Also some guys have been catching Skip Jack and Jack Crevail close to shore. The bite for Snappers, Groupers and Triggerfish has been strong also, using cut bait for the Snappers and Groupers was productive.
[center]From The Admirals Kitchen![/center]
[center]Grilled Swordfish Steaks![/center]
Tired of the same old Tuna or Dorado? Give grilled swordfish a try.
Swordfish is an excellent addition to your grilling repertoire and can increase your culinary cred. These steaks grill up quickly and have great flavor. If you can grill hamburgers, there’s no reason you can’t learn how to grill swordfish.

SELECTING SWORDFISH
It’s always best to eat fish the same day that you buy it from the supermarket or your local fishmonger, just for the sake of freshness. Your cut of swordfish should be firm and have a good, clean smell. If it smells fishy, that’s an indication the fish isn’t as fresh as the seller would have you believe. Select steaks that are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick since these are the perfect thickness for the grill.

PREPARING THE GRILL

You always want to preheat your grill before putting food on the metal. This not only allows you to get a good sear on the meat, it can decrease the amount of cooking time—an essential part of keeping certain foods, like lean swordfish, moist and tender. So, if you’re working with a gas grill, preheat to a medium-high temperature and close the lid for about 10 minutes. If you are working with wood or charcoal, go ahead and get the fire going, and wait until the coals are white before laying down your swordfish steaks.

SEASONING SWORDFISH

Season the swordfish by rubbing it with a light coating of olive oil, salt and pepper, and any other seasoning you choose. You may want to add some lemon to the oil or use other types of flavor like minced shallots, capers, chili peppers, fresh herbs—or something a little sweeter such as pineapple juice.

TIME TO GRILL

Brush a light layer of vegetable oil on the grill to prevent the swordfish from sticking, and place the steak on the grill. Don’t walk away for too long with this fish, it has a short cooking time—only about 6 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak.

Go ahead and flip it at around three to four minutes, and let it finish cooking on the other side. Always use tongs when turning your swordfish. Don’t poke at it with a fork since this can dry out the meat and may tear the flesh enough to really mess up your presentation. Cook the swordfish until the meat is opaque, you don’t want to see any clear flesh at all. You can gently pull a piece of the swordfish away with a fork to see.

Swordfish is slightly sweet, so you may want to select a tangy relish or salsa to pair it with. Serve it alongside a fresh vegetable, salad or rice for a well-balanced meal. The thick and meaty nature of swordfish also lends itself well to being cut into cubes and used as the focal point of grilled kabobs.

[center]Lemon Parsley Swordfish Recipe![/center]
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
MAKES: 4 servings
Ingredients
· 4 swordfish steaks (7 ounceseach)
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley,divided
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· 2 teaspoons minced garlic
· 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place fish in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic and pepper flakes; spoon over fish.
2. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 4 servings.

BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. [url "http://www.jcsportfishing.com"]http://www.jcsportfishing.com[/url] [url "http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ"]http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ[/url]

[signature]