[fishon]
[signature]
not too shabby.[Tongue]
[signature]
Wow nice catch they look delicious .
[signature]
Good lookin Mess O' Kokes!
[signature]

Good catch. I was out on Friday also but didn't get to Blacktail until 1 pm. I caught 4 and left around 5 pm. Were you on the Juniper side?
[signature]
yep, fished the narrows
[signature]
Fished the Juniper side yesterday. Only a few boats were out, but the bite was slow slow slow. Fish jumping all over the place, but not interested in taking what we had to offer. We tried everything including the kitchen sink and every depth. Talked to 4 other boats and they said they had the same results. Not sure what was going on or happening. Water was still around 60 and water still somewhat stained, but no wind at all. Great day to be on the water but catching a few more fish would have been great. Fished Narrows to the damn.
[signature]
ya when we were there i only saw one boat catch 1 koke.... we fished faster than usual, meaning 2.2 mph. I usually fish 1.7
[signature]
Hit the water today thinking I would get ahead of the crowd. Foolish me. Juniper parking lot was over half full of boat trailers and the crowd was on. What a difference fish wise from Monday though. Almost everyone I saw were catching fish. If you had a down rigger, you caught fish. Without, it was off and on, but still were able to catch some. Fish were between 20-25 ft and if you hit the sweet spot it was easy for everyone in the boat to have fish on. I don't know how long this will last, but seems like something turned the kokes on.

I wouldn't try fishing this weekend unless the weather is half bad and you can put up with the weather we are to get. Campground was filling up fast with boats and trailers. So, be safe out there this weekend and wear your life jackets. Watch out for the other guy as always there are the ski boats that just want to get from one end to the other as fast as they can go and not letting off the throttle even through a crowd of fishing boats.
[signature]
I fished Saturday and Sunday morning 5/26-5/27 caught 30 Kokes over the weekend. Orange RMT sling blade with with an orange RMT squid with a blade tipped with white power maggots caught the most and we got some on pink blades and squids as well. I caught my fish on down riggers at 6 feet with 80 ft. set backs at 1.8 mph.
[signature]
Since Memorial Day weekend, most of the fishermen I have talked to, including today when I was out, are really trying to figure out what is going on. About everyone had a great Memorial weekend catching a ton of kokes and then about the last week things have been very sporadic. Guys that have been experts catching kokes in past are catching a couple a piece and that's about it. Some are doing ok, but, few and far between. So, it's taking some long hours to catch a descent mess of fish, no limits that I have heard of recently, but, perch are hitting everything you throw at them and trout are picking up too if you them. No real solid colors or depth on what are being caught.

Good luck and hope everyone does better than most are. Water was 67 when I left at noon and was 64.6 when I launched at 6.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, We will be out there again this Saturday 6/9. My plan is to stack my down riggers running 4 lines starting at 5, 10, 15, 20 feet and moving down untill I find active fish by changing depth, varying my speed, doing S turns and changing colors. That’s my plan but you know what they say about the best laid plans of Mice and Men. Good luck to everybody out there.
[signature]
[quote duksnfish]

Good luck and hope everyone does better than most are. Water was 67 when I left at noon and was 64.6 when I launched at 6.[/quote]

Koke depth should be at 25 to 30 based on the surface temps you are giving. Time to move up to larger dodgers in copper or gold and run at a little higher speeds. Colors have now moved from pink and red to orange or green glow.
[signature]
Appreciate the input... Tried it twice this week with my dad (Wed/Thur). Got 11 on Wed and 5 on Thur, fishing about 5 hrs each day. Caught trout and perch as well while trolling for the kokes. Seemed spotty at best with no real pattern taking shape that we could identify. Tried hoochies, wiggle hoochies, spinners, plain leaders with beads and pink hooks, Smile blades, and spoons in various colors... nothing really seemed to be a winner. Flashers used were small and large Slingblades, Kokabow, Fish Flash and RMT in various colors. Depths were all over as well from getting bit on the surface while letting the lines out to hook to the downrigger to about 26 ft down. Numerous scents did not seem to out perform one or another. Still had a great time with my dad enjoying some great weather and being out on the water! Looking forward to try to figure things out as summer continues!
[signature]
As promised I got out there this morning with my father in law and nephew at 6:00am we fished untill 11am untill the power squadron and wind chased us off. Brought home 15 kokes and 5 trout, we would have had at least 5 more kokes but my crew got to work on there netting skills today;-) we found the fish early at 22 feet and 27 later on. We caught all of our fish but 2 with in 150 yards of each other going 1.8mph I attached a picture of our two best set ups today wth the green being the best it’s all Rocky Mountain Tackle, you may notice in the photo the slight bend in my sling blades, thats crucial in my opinion, it ads more action to my squids. I’m going to be up At PaliSades next weekend camping with the family I’m going to give it a try, but I’m not optimistic, that place kicks my butt, if you have any tips for PaliSades I could use them. Good luck out there.
[signature]
Whoever had the need to check our crawdad traps and take everything out of it this morning, I hope you feel good about it. The kids were excited to pull the traps this morning and we pulled up to find that they had been pillaged, again. Maybe buy your own traps and catch your own crawfish...like a man.

I know it’s probably no one on this forum, but it’s super aggravating.

On a side note, the perch/bass fishing has been a lot of fun!
[signature]
Wow really sorry Steelie about your traps. Seems like some just cant leave well enough alone not just with this but a lot of other recreation stuff throughout the year and different activities. Whatever gets them off, but it is Sad.

As for the Kokes, what has been said is what I've seen over the last almost 2 weeks. All over the place and if you hit the Kokes you get them, if you miss the schools by just a couple feet it seems as though they are gone. And it's not just 1 or 2 groups, but almost everyone seems to be going through it. As has been stated, fish are being marked all over but seems to be a band of all the fish around 20 to30 feet and almost nothing being marked above 20 feet yet that seems to be where many are being caught by almost everyone. Even the Osprey are catching their fair share. I've seen the resident Osprey catch at least 6 Kokes when I've been out.

That must be it, the Osprey are taking everything, LOL Smile. Good luck everyone and knock em dead.
[signature]
I am surprised they didn't steal your traps .
[signature]
I guess they were kind enough to leave those!
[signature]
Time for camo markers. I fill old arrowhead water bottles 1/4th full of water and then tie my trap lines to them. Since very few people pick up garbage out of the water, all you see on the surface is the bottom of a bottle floating in the moss along the bank. Easy to spot and if you use dark line, impossible to tell they are trap markers. We use them for our minnow traps as well and have never had one stolen since we started using this method. Hope this helps!
[signature]