Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's lake
On East Idaho News .com . There is a good article about gill netting Henrys this
Spring . The short story is they caught 100 trout of a mixer bag and 560 chubs. I tried to copy and paste it but could not get it done so maybe someone else can .
[signature]
Is this what you saw Curt? https://www.eastidahonews.com/2018/05/fe...nrys-lake/
[signature]
Yes it is , thanks Steve.
[signature]
Quote:After Thursday’s gill netting, a total of 68 brooks, 68 cutts, 42 hybrids and 1088 chubs had been captured making an average of 4.26 trout and 25.9 chubs per net/night for the 42 nets. Garren is hoping for a lot more trout to show up in the next eight nets.

I love it! Finally, it may not be what they are looking for to 'sell' fish but it's what a trophy lake should look like. I remember several people used to argue with me about chubs and trophy hybrids saying they don't eat chubs. Bull. Want big fish like me? Lower the fish count and up the chub count and you will have a trophy fishery. Want to see most of the out of state boats go home early and not come back? Get rid of the over population of cutts and let the hybrids roll!

Thanks F&G! Sounds like your plan worked perfectly to me!
[signature]
Friday at the Hatchery from 5 to 7pm . There is going to be a meet and greet . To introduce the new biologist, Jen .lets go give her a warm welcome .
[signature]
Not many fish being caught . But the ones that are being caught are nice .
[signature]
Those are nice, I talked myself out of there and hit black foot River and Ririe on Monday instead. Just couldn't bring myself to deal with the opener Cluster on Henrys and then opted for Kokes to eat monday vs slow fishing.
[signature]
I didn't fish Henry's. Can't stand the all the people
[signature]
Anyone do any good up at Henrys? Ive heard mostly bad reports.[Sad] Im heading up this weekend. Hopefully we can get a few trolling!
[signature]